ARIDICULOUS - Ghost Focus (Deadmau5 vs Joe Budden)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

ARIDICULOUS - Ghost Focus (Deadmau5 vs Joe Budden)

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:50 pm

ARIDICULOUS

Ghost Focus

Sources:
Deadmau5 - Ghosts n Stuff (instrumental)
Joe Budden - Focus (acapella)

Watch out for the pause breaks!

Download and listen at http://www.ari-rose.com/mashups.html

or listen at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SWKTvf0fqI

1 star User

Re: ARIDICULOUS - Ghost Focus (Deadmau5 vs Joe Budden)

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Raahh it's too easy to make a dancefloor filler with this instru ! which I love.
Unfortunately it's nothing more than rap on electro and well... I'm not really fond of rap mashups.

You've got a certain talent for drawing covers, though ! this kind of stuff is totally unusual :)
·

1 star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:17 am

I agree it's easy, but sometimes I just like how it sounds and it clicks (something to do with rhythm, meter, intonation, chorus/verse matches, etc).

Thanks for your comments and I'll try to step a little further out!

All Star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:21 pm

I first listened to your YouTube version. I thought it sounded as if you have made it using VDJ and the quality was awful.

BUT ....

I thought I'd double check, the version streaming on your site is much better quality and sounds better (The YT version sounds as if you streatched the mental).

Overall, like above this is a very simple mashup. It is wrong to say that its just rap on electro, as you could say any mashup was just genre a on genre b. It's not the hardest thing in the world to do, but gives you a nice start and something to push on from.

1 star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:05 pm

DylanVasey wrote:It's not the hardest thing in the world to do, but gives you a nice start and something to push on from.

That's what I mean when I say rap on electro :) it could be rap on pop, or rap on anything... it's just rap on some instru. And rappers do it daily, you know...

There are very few rap mashups that I like. It's often boring (yet efficient if done correctly) so I'll refrain from commenting rap mashups, because I don't want to sound like a scratched record (how ironic would that be).
·

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>