[FRONTPAGED] Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:11 am

[FRONTPAGED] Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:56 am

Mashup-Germany mixing:
Papa Roach - Getting away with murder
Dizzee Rascal - Sirens
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Looptroop - Looptroop Radio
Rage against the machine - Killing in the Name of
Bob Marley - Get up, stand up
Limp Bizkit - Red light, green light
Cypress Hill - Low rider
Cecile - Hot like we

Soundcloud, Cover and Infos:
http://www.mashup-germany.com/2010/mash ... ns-coming/

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3EZITraMJU

Image

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 2338
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:18 pm

cool!! love the vid

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 3336
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am
Location: London, England

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm not a huge lover of rock, and I friggin' hate Dizzee Rascal ..... BUT ...

This is excellent, and I mean truly excellent. This mash is gonna have the shit played out of it. I've got a feeling this is going to be your year my man !

Your creations are of the highest order, production wise, and video wise.

Keep up the superb work mate !

1 star User
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:11 am

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:15 pm

thanks boris, thanks dylan! much apprechiated!!

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 am

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 am

yeah, this one rocks :twisted:

furthermore i'd like to say:
much respect for taking the time to create a video for every mashup u do.
i know what im talking about, collect sources, cut it, aso... and in your case u need alot of sources

*thumbs up*

1 star User
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:11 am

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Ed Home wrote:yeah, this one rocks :twisted:

furthermore i'd like to say:
much respect for taking the time to create a video for every mashup u do.
i know what im talking about, collect sources, cut it, aso... and in your case u need alot of sources

*thumbs up*

Yes, As you know it is à lot of work, but in rhend its Wörth it. My Main Site for my mashups is Youtube. This is where i Startes and i don't like releasing à Video with just à Picture of the. Artwork in it. Has to Be à decent Video. Mashups should Be an Experience for both war and Eye. It Makes it so much stronger.

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 3336
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am
Location: London, England

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Good advice Ben.

So tell me something. What software are you using for the videos ? I use Sony Vegas but I can't work out how to make the videos all the same size.

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:51 pm

BenStilller wrote:
Ed Home wrote:yeah, this one rocks :twisted:

furthermore i'd like to say:
much respect for taking the time to create a video for every mashup u do.
i know what im talking about, collect sources, cut it, aso... and in your case u need alot of sources

*thumbs up*

Yes, As you know it is à lot of work, but in rhend its Wörth it. My Main Site for my mashups is Youtube. This is where i Startes and i don't like releasing à Video with just à Picture of the. Artwork in it. Has to Be à decent Video. Mashups should Be an Experience for both war and Eye. It Makes it so much stronger.


That is so right, but what should one do if YouTube blocks many of one's videos?
So as for now, I'm posting these songs with just one picture on there ... the music videos are still available on other sites though. Better than nothing at the moment ...

1 star User
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:11 am

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:21 pm

Sure, if you know that a Video will get blocked anyway, I would do the same.
But I started to check by who the Songs that I am mixing are licensed.
For example in my new Reggae Allstars Video I didn't include a video of "Dirty Diana" by Michael Jackson, because I knew, If I did, it would get blocked.
And with that strategy I can prevent the blocking.
Or in my "Angels on fire" video I combined a live video of "Sex on fire" with the normal Video and put some filters over it, and it wasn't recognised by the youtube content algorithm.
So this can work for a while, BUT if a video gets a couple of hundred thousand views and its all over youtube, there is always the chance that on of the license holder finds the video and blocks it manually.
This happened with most of my Peter Fox Mashups as they've reached around 400.000 Views.
There are rumours around that Youtube and WMG signed a new contract and actually some Videos containing WMG stuff I've uploaded are not blocked anymore...that gives me some hope.
I would have moved to a different site long time ago, but there just isn't a second youtube anywhere out there...

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

Re: Mashup-Germany – Can you hear the Sirens coming?

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:26 pm

BenStilller wrote:Sure, if you know that a Video will get blocked anyway, I would do the same.
But I started to check by who the Songs that I am mixing are licensed.
For example in my new Reggae Allstars Video I didn't include a video of "Dirty Diana" by Michael Jackson, because I knew, If I did, it would get blocked.
And with that strategy I can prevent the blocking.
Or in my "Angels on fire" video I combined a live video of "Sex on fire" with the normal Video and put some filters over it, and it wasn't recognised by the youtube content algorithm.
So this can work for a while, BUT if a video gets a couple of hundred thousand views and its all over youtube, there is always the chance that on of the license holder finds the video and blocks it manually.
This happened with most of my Peter Fox Mashups as they've reached around 400.000 Views.
There are rumours around that Youtube and WMG signed a new contract and actually some Videos containing WMG stuff I've uploaded are not blocked anymore...that gives me some hope.
I would have moved to a different site long time ago, but there just isn't a second youtube anywhere out there...


I've heard about that as well. Also, videos by Warner artists are recently coming back on YouTube (even though you probably still won't be able to watch them in Germany, but that's something else ...) ... since you mentioned some of your videos got unblocked, I have to try uploading a mashup video by a Warner artist on my test account now^^

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests