EL GRAN PIRUJO.-Billie Jean has a Short Man in Calabria (Mic

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

EL GRAN PIRUJO.-Billie Jean has a Short Man in Calabria (Mic

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 am

Mashup of Michael Jackson vs Gillete vs Enur
phpBB [media]
http://soundcloud.com/el-gran-pirujo/billie-jean-has-a-short-dick

Re: EL GRAN PIRUJO.-Billie Jean has a Short Man in Calabria (Mic

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:03 am

Hi El Gran Pirujo

I wasn't a fan of this one, there's no structure to it and the levels are all over the place... :(

Welcome to Mashstix :D
lloyd

No Flash Installed

All Star User

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 am

Hi and welcome to Mashstix.

I'm agreeing with Lloyd that the structure of your mashup has the sources out of time and not coming in the correct placements to make it sound correct. Keep trying and maybe sing to yourself while your making the mashup so you can hear where it would sound good to bring your sources in and out in placement.

1 star User

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:25 am

Thank God you guys are not one of my fans¡¡¡ Thanks for the comments and for the welcome where can i hear your mashups ?

All Star User

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:50 pm

El Gran Pirujo wrote:Thank God you guys are not one of my fans¡¡¡ Thanks for the comments and for the welcome where can i hear your mashups ?

Hi El Gran Pirujo - Since you're new to mashstix I think maybe I should explain what mashstix is and is not.

IT IS - a place where you come to learn about making your mashups better when possible.

IT IS - a community where we treat each other with respect, honesty and kindness and is made up of professional DJs, musicians, amateurs, newbies, and enthusiasts.

IT IS NOT a place to post your mashup, and only get comments like "BOY DATS DA BOMB YOU ROCK BEYOTCH" when the mashup clearly needs tweaking. (example out of time and / or out of key, levels are not right, etc.)

Also, since you asked I don't post many mashups (Seriously, I usually bin most of them because they don't live up to my own standards and most of my free time is spent making fitness mixes or listening to all the mashups on mashstix and offering feedback) but if you are serious about wanting to listen to my work there's currently four of my mashups that I've posted on my website at http://www.rockstarbruski.com/html/mashups.html

Just realize that I'll be the first to admit that my ears and listening / feedback experience are far far far better than my mashup skills and software at making mashups myself.

Anyway, hopefully I've given you some insight on what Masstix is all about. It's really up to you to stay and make it a good experience for yourself and learn and get better or you can surround yourself with "fans" that will tell you only what they think you want to hear.

Cheers!

1 star User

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi Bruski, English is not my first language, so i apologize if i write something wrong.

1.- Thanks for hear my mashup and have the time to write about making it better, i really apreciate it.
2.- Im a very respect person i was just doing ironic you know? of course i know the "fans" sometimes dont have a technical skill or a good ear to hear if something is wrong, but when im playing live the people really like it you know? sometimes when things come from heart the people can feel it .
3.- I hear your fitness mixes and i really like it¡¡¡¡
4.- Maybe if you hear all my songs mixed together you like it, i was one of the fisrt djs and musicians playing and making mashups here in Mexico (2 years ago the people like it but i have to add cumbia beat sometimes for the local people). You can hear one of my dj sets here: http://www.mixcloud.com/el-gran-pirujo/ ... ty-dj-set/ , i hope you like it , and if you dont its ok im really open to good comments like yours.

Cheers¡¡¡

4 Star User

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:25 pm

+1 Lloyd and Bruce!

@ EGP: Welcome from me too. I hope everything is cleared now and you'll enjoy the mashstix party.

All Star User

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi, thanks for explaining your post and your DJ and language background. Email and posting can lose meaning that's for sure as your original post sounded different than the meaning you explained in your second post.

Sorry for my hopping on my "soap box" in my earlier post but we've been getting a few people lately just posting to showcase and not wanting to improve. I'm glad to hear you aren't one of those people :)

I listened to your "Mashup Party DJ set" on mixcloud it is fun and I enjoyed listening and now I understand the context of your "Billie Jean" mashup a bit more. Your "Billie Jean" mashup works in a DJ set with random timing of samples coming in and out and sounds better in that context rather than a stand alone mashup.

Most of the time here at mashstix what people post in the mashups forum the mashups are somewhat traditional mashups such as they have structure and create a new sounding track. They sometimes are simple A+B mashups (one acapella over one intrumental) or have more sources up to a bunch of sources. People here will give you feedback based on structure, timing, key, creativity and mastering.

Anyway, welcome again (Hello to Mexico!) and glad we got that straightened out and I look forward to you posting more of your mashups so we can all improve :) Cheers!

Also, what software are you using to make your mashups?

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>