Superman is Sexy (ABMashups- Eminem v LMFAO)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Superman is Sexy (ABMashups- Eminem v LMFAO)

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:19 pm

It's a simple A + B mashup but I liked how it flowed for the most part. Let me know what y'all think. :)

No Flash Installed

Link if ^ doesn't work...still not sure how to use SoundCloud on here..
http://soundcloud.com/abmashups/superman-is-sexy

Re: Superman is Sexy (ABMashups- Eminem v LMFAO)

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Right I'm not buying it... the guy who made this could never have made viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4397 Something isn't right here at all!!!!
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:58 pm

lloyd wrote:Right I'm not buying it... the guy who made this could never have made viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4397 Something isn't right here at all!!!!

Quit being an asshole man, would you like me to take a video of me making my next mashup? Hop off. It's 100% mine.

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 pm

No, just a screenshot of your DAWs will do... oh and call me an asshole again and consider yourself banned.
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 pm

lloyd wrote:No, just a screenshot of your DAWs will do... oh and call me an asshole again and consider yourself banned.

here ya go BRO! attached it as the artwork to my mashup just for you!!! feel special

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Er... well, regardless if this is your or not - this work really well. I like how the Eminem track flows over the backing track. The mastering is nicely done, although the vocals could do with a bit of reverb to blend them in a bit more.

G.

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:17 pm

G3RSt wrote:Er... well, regardless if this is your or not - this work really well. I like how the Eminem track flows over the backing track. The mastering is nicely done, although the vocals could do with a bit of reverb to blend them in a bit more.

G.

Haha well thank you for the feedback, I don't know why he keeps saying none of this work is mine. It's all my original work. He needs to hop off.

4 Star User

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:25 am

Lloyd wrote:
Right I'm not buying it... the guy who made this could never have made viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4397 Something isn't right here at all!!!!

I'm right behind you Lloydster. I agree that something is weird but maybe it was just plain luck, that the Eminem part fitted under the mental automatically.

Haha dude, I'm a student in Boston. I'm not taking anyone else's work. And it's editing* f.y.i. ;)

Now to you young man: noone cares if editing is written with 1 or 2 "t"s here on the forum as long as they understand my comment. We all do our best and try to write in english no matter where we come from. (show me how you write in Dutch, French and German and I'll play the smartass...)

Your track is okay, nothing spectacular because it's a simple rap over a beat and we all know how easy that is to make. The only thing I would consider redoing is the part where LMFAO normally sings: I'm sexy and you know it. This is a break and the rap should stop there as well. (nice side effect, if you edit this small part this would be a great proof, that it's you who's mixing ;) )

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 am

abmashups wrote:I don't know why he keeps saying none of this work is mine. It's all my original work. He needs to hop off.

i'll tell you why, it's very simple, every producer has their own unique style, call it a signature. it's not a conscious thing, It's an accumulative thing based on what it is about music that they really like, what they grew up listening to, which artists have influenced them over the years, you can tell a lot about a guy by how he produces; Two producers can take the same two sourses and produce completely different sounding tracks, one may produce with a cold clinical crispness, while the other gives us warmth and depth... most producers will use the same means of sitting a vocal in the mix for all their work (they will use the same setting on the reverb or delay) they may not know that this is giving their work a unique sound but it does.
i could go on... but just trust me that every producer is unique.

The comments I made yesterday were made because this track works very well, the other "multi sourced" mashup didn't, it sounded like more than one guy had had a hand in making it, as if someone with an understanding of track composition had partially made it and then handed it over to someone else (someone who might well have been deaf) to finish it.

When the first track you post here is that bad and the second track is this good I'm going to ask you to explain yourself. That doesn't warrant an "asshole" comment, nor does it warrant the "fuck you lloyd" comment over on soundcloud.

DJ Rick Lee wrote:I agree that something is weird but maybe it was just plain luck, that the Eminem part fitted under the mental automatically.

So either you know your first was very bad and just thought you'd post it here regardless, or as Rick say, you got lucky with this one, which is it? Your screenshot didnt really give me any clues at all, other than letting me know that you hadn't set your DAW up for the track that you were making... Your DAW is set to it's default of 120bpm but the track you produced is about 130bpm, so that would tell me you didnt do any warping at all, I can see no breaks in either region which tells me you haven't had to chop this up at all... So i think Rick is right, "It was just plain luck." There you go problem solved.

I am now quite happy to believe both of these are yours :D one is really very bad and the other you got lucky with :D
lloyd

No Flash Installed

All Star User

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:25 am

Let me step in here ......

Firstly, we hardly ever ban people here, but have done in the past for swearing at one of our team. Please bare that in mind as we only ever give one warning and this is it.

Recently, we've had a big amount of people claiming other peoples mashups, which is why Lloyd is suspicious - your new remember, we don't know you yet.

Secondly, I don't quite understand why you couldn't have made this. It's a normal run of the mill starter mashup. Which essentially is just an acapella timed over an instrumental. There is no mastering, the audio just sounds good as is, and there is no effects play - which you don't always need. You'll learn more as you continue to try new things.

The master BPM doesn't mean much to me - In my DAW, I don't have to set that in order to stretch an acapella, so I presume you don't either. I DO have to set it in order to master, and add FX.

So lets all just calm down here, and drop a chill pill! and no more swearing at the team!

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>