[FP] 3 mashes + Introduction

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] 3 mashes + Introduction

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Introduction: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4371

Onelove- E.T.'s Party-Rockin Sugar

Sources:
LMFAO- Party Rock Anthem (acapella and instrumental)
Sneaker Pimps- Spin Spin Sugar (acapella)
Wynter Gordon- Sugar (acapella)
Katy Perry- E.T. (acapella)

No Flash Installed

d/l: http://soundcloud.com/onelovemash/ets-p ... wnload.mp3

Onelove- Baldhead Movin'

Sources:
Beastie Boys- Body Movin' (acapella)
The Glitch Mob- Krazy Baldhead (instrumental)

No Flash Installed

dl: http://soundcloud.com/onelovemash/baldh ... wnload.mp3

Onelove- No Hands Management

Sources:
MGMT- Of Birds, Moons, and Monsters (instrumental)
Waka Flocka- No Hands (acapella)

No Flash Installed

dl: http://soundcloud.com/onelovemash/no-ha ... wnload.mp3

Re: 3 mashes + Introduction

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:15 am

Hello Mr OneLove Sir, Welcome aboard the SS Mashstix, I shall be your guide for the duration of your stay, I hope you have a pleasant trip. :D

Track one - Other than the odd vocal overlay that i didnt like (1:14 for example) i found it very enjoyable :)
I'm all for vocal interplay but overlaying for the sake of it seams pointless, think less is more when it comes to giving an overall professional feel :)

Track two - Who doesn't like a Beasties Mashup?? Good choice of sources... sounds a bit flat... needs EQing but nice mash!! :)

Track three - Fit's well but your sources bored me... not my thing... but again well made :)

It's good to have you on board :D
lloyd

No Flash Installed

4 Star User

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:20 am

Lloyd wrote:
It's good to have you on board :D

Psssst: (Rick whispers*) "what's with his pants Lloyd? Don't forget the pants thing..."

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 am

Oh yeah sorry... Rick has asked me to remind all new arrivals that pants should be left at the door :D
lloyd

No Flash Installed

4 Star User

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks Lloyd! Dave would be embarresed being the only one wearing pants... Don't you think so?

By the way: welcome Dave (you could have left that garterbelt in the dressing room as well ;) )

oh and BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!! ;)

1 star User

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks guys- I think I'll fit right in with the no pants rule :lol:

Thanks also for the feedback lloyd- I can see what you're saying with the wynter gordon parts during KP's verses. I debated taking it out but I liked the harmonic overlay of it slowly fading and it seemed to be at least moderately relevant vocal wise to what KP was saying.

The beastie mash was a pain in the butt to master.. did you mean the backing felt flat? I actually took a lot of bass out and (thought I had) evened out the mids/highs respectively. There was no room for vocals in the original so it's quite possible I messed something up in the process. The acapella I did end up EQ'ing to take a bit of mids and highs out of though (especially highs on the chorus). Before that it didn't seem to sit naturally in the mix to me.

I figured the MGMT mash wouldn't be a huge hit with the site but I'm glad nothing sounds wrong from a technical standpoint. Thanks again for taking the time to listen and give feedback mate- I'm always trying to get better

Cheers!

3 Star User

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 pm

lloyd wrote:Hello Mr OneLove Sir, Welcome aboard the SS Mashstix, I shall be your guide for the duration of your stay, I hope you have a pleasant trip. :D

lloyd wrote:It's good to have you on board :D

Sorry I can't resist :P
We WERE a family ...

Website | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter |

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:22 pm

onelove wrote:did you mean the backing felt flat? I actually took a lot of bass out and (thought I had) evened out the mids/highs respectively. There was no room for vocals in the original so it's quite possible I messed something up in the process.

I think you may well have answered your own question there :D

Others may have a different view (I'm thinking Dylan would be the guy to ask) but for me, if vocals are being lost in the mix, I would focus my attention on EQing the vox, not trying to find some free bandwidth in the instrumental... thoughts anyone...?
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 am

lloyd wrote:
onelove wrote:did you mean the backing felt flat? I actually took a lot of bass out and (thought I had) evened out the mids/highs respectively. There was no room for vocals in the original so it's quite possible I messed something up in the process.

I think you may well have answered your own question there :D

Others may have a different view (I'm thinking Dylan would be the guy to ask) but for me, if vocals are being lost in the mix, I would focus my attention on EQing the vox, not trying to find some free bandwidth in the instrumental... thoughts anyone...?

Yeah I'd be pretty interested to hear some more opinions on this... I haven't been doing this is a serious manner for very long and I'm a crackhead about constantly trying to increase my production value :ugeek:

I ran the demo by Dylan a while ago (he's been helping me get used to mastering properly ;) ) and his recommendation was to kill more of the bass than I had already done because it still sounded a bit muddy on that track.

Would love to hear more thoughts on that though from the community.. lots of talented guys here who could lead me in the right direction!

Re: [FP] 3 mashes + Introduction

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:09 am

onelove wrote:Yeah I'd be pretty interested to hear some more opinions on this... I haven't been doing this is a serious manner for very long and I'm a crackhead about constantly trying to increase my production value :ugeek:

I ran the demo by Dylan a while ago (he's been helping me get used to mastering properly ;) ) and his recommendation was to kill more of the bass than I had already done because it still sounded a bit muddy on that track.

Would love to hear more thoughts on that though from the community.. lots of talented guys here who could lead me in the right direction!

Well Dave if the guys wont come to you. i'll take the track to them... Frontpage!!

now lets see if we can get you some feedback :D
lloyd

No Flash Installed

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>