TigerVegan: Telephone Myself Into It (L Gaga vs The Rapture)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

TigerVegan: Telephone Myself Into It (L Gaga vs The Rapture)

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:46 pm

TIGERVEGAN - "Telephone Myself Into It"

Lady Gaga ft Beyonce - telephone (vocals / instrumental)
The Rapture - get myself into it (original / instrumental)

No Flash Installed

D/L - http://soundcloud.com/tigervegan

All Star User

Re: TigerVegan: Telephone Myself Into It (L Gaga vs The Rapture)

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Excellent mashup :) telephone is showing it's age and overplay but I love the energy of the mental pairing. Nicely done. cheers!

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Im not too sure about this one... sounds to me like there are a few places thru-out the track where we are getting a double beat... I don't know if that's because of the instrumental, the fact that you have overlayed instrumentals or what... also the track seems to have slight variations in tempo all the way through it.
Don't take my comments too hard.. there is obvious talent in there to choose such varied sources takes imagination... :)
I can't comment more because i know so little about you... so tell me have you been mashing long? what are you using in the way of software?
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:21 am

RockstarBruski wrote:Excellent mashup :) telephone is showing it's age and overplay but I love the energy of the mental pairing. Nicely done. cheers!

Thanks for all the comments dude, glad you're digging my flavour and such ;)

lloyd wrote:sounds to me like there are a few places thru-out the track where we are getting a double beat... I don't know if that's because of the instrumental, the fact that you have overlayed instrumentals or what...

Thanks for commenting fella, but i didn't layer beats at all on this.. the Gaga instrumental sections i used were beat-free so not sure why you're hearing double beats? Hmm..

lloyd wrote:also the track seems to have slight variations in tempo all the way through it.
Don't take my comments too hard.. there is obvious talent in there to choose such varied sources takes imagination... :)

If there are any then I guess you'd have to blame the Rapture for the various tempos (!!!!!!!) but i hadn't noticed that myself. Still, thanks for the kind feedback.

lloyd wrote:I can't comment more because i know so little about you... so tell me have you been mashing long? what are you using in the way of software?

How nice of you to enquire, sir. Been making Bastard Pop since early 2004. Released a few tracks at the end of 04 and into 05 under my previous "Wildcat Recordings" project - TigerVegan has been online for a year now but i never stopped producing in between, i just didn't put anything out for a while (so by "a while" i mean, like, 5 years). I used Acid Pro exclusively for this track. I made a mash-up in a field once... There, we're practically family now! Don't forget to write :D

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:23 am

This took some courage to mash . I haven't heard the Rapture song in years and back then I admired the heavy ornamental bass riff and the syncopated beats. I even managed to dislodge a rear view mirror in my car.

Sounds great to me. I especially like what you did with the intro.

1 star User

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:16 pm

chinochino wrote:Sounds great to me. I especially like what you did with the intro.

thanks muchly, chinochino! see if you can't dislodge a few car interiors with this mash-up :D

peace!!!!!!!!!!! x

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Oh my, a bump! But wait, there's a reason >> Before i stick some new tracks up I just wanted to throw this one back out there for the Mods to see if any of you think it's Frontpage material, as the "FP your own tracks" function was removed before i got round to FP'ing it - bummer eh? :D Party on! x

4 Star User

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 am

Before i stick some new tracks up I just wanted to throw this one back out there for the Mods to see if any of you think it's Frontpage material

erm... no :?

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:40 am

DJ Rick Lee wrote:
Before i stick some new tracks up I just wanted to throw this one back out there for the Mods to see if any of you think it's Frontpage material

erm... no :?

Hahaha Rick can be soooo harsh :D

Hi TigerVegan, I also stand by my original comments, Ive listened to this a few time since (see i do like it) and it's good but not quite frontpage worthy for me, that double beat I refered to, Ive listened to the original and it's there too, It's because the drummer was human :) and his time keeping was crap, maybe if you had spent time making the beats all hit on time, I would have liked it more.

Anyway i look forward to your next offering... :D
lloyd

No Flash Installed

4 Star User

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 am

Lloyd wrote:
Hahaha Rick can be soooo harsh :D

erm... no :? :roll: ;)

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>