Mashup thieves again DJ CedoN DJ BlackShadow DJ DarkInsanity

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

Mashup thieves again DJ CedoN DJ BlackShadow DJ DarkInsanity

Post Fri May 27, 2011 3:15 pm

https://www.facebook.com/DjCedoN

That dude took my latest song by Jason Derulo vs. Usher ... he just changed the tags, re-encoded it to a lower bitrate and uploaded it somewhere else. I wrote him a nice comment but doubt it'll help anyways.

Has anyone come across that guy before?
Last edited by S.I.R. on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Sat May 28, 2011 12:33 pm

i didn't see your mash on his facebook, twitter, or youtube.
Image

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Sat May 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Justincredible wrote:i didn't see your mash on his facebook, twitter, or youtube.


I wrote a nice little comment under that post, I guess he deleted it after seeing that. I still have the mp3 file with the changed tags though that says that he made the song. Nothing wrong with posting someone else's work but PLEASE don't change the tags - it's a question of RESPECT.

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 2316
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 am

and we have a new contender for mashup thief of the year and its
http://www.youtube.com/user/djdarktemptation
go give him a hard time :lol:

and remember what happens to thieves :lol:
phpBB [media]

User avatar
4 Star User
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Born in Belgium

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Mon May 30, 2011 3:42 am

LOL... Must be a genius. He went to a "DJ School" called Scratchlab and posts his "Diploma" on FB...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 2316
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Mon May 30, 2011 4:49 am

DJ Rick Lee wrote:LOL... Must be a genius. He went to a "DJ School" called Scratchlab and posts his "Diploma" on FB...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

and there i was thinking i'd seen everything :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.scratchlab.ca
perhaps nosbic might want to check em out :lol:

i wonder what an advanced DJ course enables one to do? perhaps it includes how to remove the tags from other peoples mashups? :roll:

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 5147
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Mon May 30, 2011 9:56 am

hmmm, I wonder if DJ Darktemptation is really 17 and a misguided youth. He says he's been making music since 2003 so if he's 17 now then that means he was 9 yrs old when he started? Maybe he meant he was hitting the kids play drums at 2003?

It's really too bad he's claiming other people's work as his own b/c his youtube page looks pretty good and what he writes about software and such seems like he wants to be helpful to other aspiring DJ's.

Are all of his postings not legit? I saw Chris (Garagara) comment that most of them were stolen?

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 2316
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Mon May 30, 2011 10:00 am

RockstarBruski wrote:hmmm, I wonder if he's really 17 and a misguided youth. He says he's been making music since 2003 so if he's 17 now then that means he was 9 yrs old when he started? Maybe he meant he was hitting the kids play drums at 2003?

It's really too bad he's claiming other people's work as his own b/c his youtube page looks pretty good and his what he writes about software and such seems like he wants to be helpful to other aspiring DJ's.

he only wants to be helpful so he can steal your work :lol: :lol:

User avatar
All Star User
Posts: 5147
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 am

I posted on DJ Darktemptation's youtube page the below. It's probably "pearls before swine" but maybe he'll read it and think about it.

"Hey DJ Darktemptation - I'm confused here are you saying that you created all of these mashups because it seems to me that many of them are other mashup artist's work such as the Live Pink mashup that Fissunix made.

http://bootleg.fissunix.com/index.php?2011/01/01/189-the-party-night-pink-live-vs-cascada-happy-new-year

Both have the exact same cover art and exact same sources in the exact same places, exact same leveling, etc. Can please post to your fans why you are representing other people's mashups as your own? That isn't cool at all. If you really are 17 years old let me give you some advice. You have a nice looking fan page and it looks like you've spent a lot of time and energy getting it looking this way. Instead of trying to represent that you have made all these mashups that are clearly other people's work why not make your own and give people credit if you're going to post other people's mashups and don't represent them as your own. If you are 17 then you're still young enough to change your ways and start fresh. You'll be thankful that you did believe me!"

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Watch out - mashup thieves again. Anybody knows "DJ CedoN"?

Post Mon May 30, 2011 12:11 pm

RockstarBruski wrote:I posted on DJ Darktemptation's youtube page the below. It's probably "pearls before swine" but maybe he'll read it and think about it.

"Hey DJ Darktemptation - I'm confused here are you saying that you created all of these mashups because it seems to me that many of them are other mashup artist's work such as the Live Pink mashup that Fissunix made.

http://bootleg.fissunix.com/index.php?2011/01/01/189-the-party-night-pink-live-vs-cascada-happy-new-year

Both have the exact same cover art and exact same sources in the exact same places, exact same leveling, etc. Can please post to your fans why you are representing other people's mashups as your own? That isn't cool at all. If you really are 17 years old let me give you some advice. You have a nice looking fan page and it looks like you've spent a lot of time and energy getting it looking this way. Instead of trying to represent that you have made all these mashups that are clearly other people's work why not make your own and give people credit if you're going to post other people's mashups and don't represent them as your own. If you are 17 then you're still young enough to change your ways and start fresh. You'll be thankful that you did believe me!"


Looks like he fired off a quick response:

"Sorry for any trouble everyone. We all know that DJ DarkTemptation is the real creater of all his remixes and mashups. In all respect other artists are just jelous and are big time sore losers that need attention by stealing other peoples remixes or mashups. As of said there is a problem that apparently DJ DarkTemptation has stolen a mashup by Fissunix and the weird thing was dj darktemptations mashup was posted before it was heard of on the internet lol what does that tell you. In all respect please respect the fact that DJ DarkTemptation created the mashup and due to users lying and taking sides is just so childish.

As of said ! Take our side on this one and we would not lie to you guys
DJ DarkTemptation Team!"

Oh boy. This is gonna get ugly.

Next

Return to Stix chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests