[FP] QUBIC - May the Boogie Cube B with U (Svelte Edit)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] QUBIC - May the Boogie Cube B with U (Svelte Edit)

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am

No Flash Installed

QUBIC - May the Boogie Cube B with U (Svelte Edit)
the Black'n'Blue Eyed Beans - Da Boogie Dat B
Dr. Tom Dobly - May da Cube B w/ U
Vit-O-Min (Rub a) Dub - Da Boogie Dat B
5:36

Click here if you're square to grab the d-load.

This li'l 80's-meets-the-00's track can also be found on the Worlds Greatest Pop Mashups compilation.

Let me know if you think this track is as square as its name or cover art.

Security features: The source names for this track have been purposely obfuscated for the safety and hopeful longevity of this posting. Please do not attempt to modify this posting nor post the actual source names in subsequent replies, or undesirable results from big-brother-music-label-is-watching may ensue.
Last edited by Qubic on Thu May 24, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Re: QUBIC - May the Boogie Cube B with U (Svelte Edit)

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 am

BIG. supa funky. i like.

2 Star User

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 pm

nice funky track... :)

All Star User

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:36 am

HaWt mashup! very fun! I almost think it has more of a late 70's fast funk feel :) very groovey! I mean very square! When did square become hip daddio? very square cover art as well. Nice!

Also, love that you obfuscated the sources. I thought that would be a good idea for longevity of a mashup. Tip - you might want to obfuscated the sources on your official.fm posting lyrics box as the real sources are listed in there ;) just sayin'

Again nice work! Downloaded! :) the girls at my fitness class are going to love this one!

1 star User

Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 am

Two funky's and a groovey-ish square thus far... Who can offer an "it's happen'en" or "it's hip"... or maybe "totally cubular"? :ugeek:

Thanks for the comments and compliments peeps.

RockstarBruski wrote:HaWt mashup! very fun! I almost think it has more of a late 70's fast funk feel :) very groovey! I mean very square! When did square become hip daddio? very square cover art as well. Nice!

Also, love that you obfuscated the sources. I thought that would be a good idea for longevity of a mashup. Tip - you might want to obfuscated the sources on your official.fm posting lyrics box as the real sources are listed in there ;) just sayin'

Again nice work! Downloaded! :) the girls at my fitness class are going to love this one!

Late 70's?!?! I remember the 70's with the likes of The Doobie Brothers, The Eagles, and Harlequin... I didn't feel the funk till the 80's. :)

I didn't obfuscate the Official.fm info because the lyrics box is not searchable on the web, so I figured it was safe.

Let me know how your fitness class girls react to it. I'm curious to know if they're maybe "too hip to be square". ;)

All Star User

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:14 pm

I like this, very funktastic BUT ...... am I right in thinking this is an old track of yours ?

For some reason I remember you releasing a title like this, with artwork like this ages ago. Please tell me I'm not losing it !

I seem to remember you getting a C&D for the said track (which may explain why your being all James Bond in the post). ;)

2 Star User

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:49 pm

this is great stuff, right up my alley!! Nicely done bro!
Fine Canadian Purveyor of All Things Funky
Number One Soul Brother In Charge

1 star User

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:58 pm

DylanVasey wrote:I like this, very funktastic BUT ...... am I right in thinking this is an old track of yours ?

For some reason I remember you releasing a title like this, with artwork like this ages ago. Please tell me I'm not losing it !

I seem to remember you getting a C&D for the said track (which may explain why your being all James Bond in the post). ;)

Wow! A triple-word mashup... fun + funk + fantastic = funktastic... That's awesome, thanks!

It is an old track, but with a new life... so you're not losing it (at least not yet, just give it a few years).

The original track was posted over 1.5 years ago and was online for less than 24 hours when my blog posting and the song file were yanked by Google and the file host due to the DMCA takedown notice. It was a sad moment.

The original production was produced under a tight deadline to accommodate a creative portfolio for a promotional contest, so there were a few things that I had wanted to do, but didn't have time to complete.

Over 1.5 years later, I was given an opportunity to bring it back to life again, so I took the opportunity to breathe new life into it by tightening up the arrangement, giving it a more consistent sound throughout, and using my latest mastering skills and plug-ins to give it a richer sound. And thus, a new edit was born, and it was named the Svelte Edit.

Since the mash-up was yanked from the web so quickly last time, I don't think I had a chance to post it here on MashStix, so here it is now (sorta again). So, ya, the obfuscation is an attempt to keep this one alive a little longer.

Nosbic wrote:this is great stuff, right up my alley!! Nicely done bro!

Thanks Nosbic. I didn't know 80's funk was your thing... Or is it the retro hip-hop?

2 Star User

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:36 am

if its got a funky groove, then I'm all over it...70s, 80s, 90s, doesn't matter! :P
Fine Canadian Purveyor of All Things Funky
Number One Soul Brother In Charge

3 Star User

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:38 am

this is well made. for my tastes i think i'd put this more in the disco box than the funk box, but either way, good, different, stuff :)

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>