Things Relax on Girls' Obsession( Pet Shop Boys VS 4 others)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Things Relax on Girls' Obsession( Pet Shop Boys VS 4 others)

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:23 am

Masdamind- Things Relax on Girls' Obsession(Pet Shop Boys Vs Frankie Goes to Hollywood VS Kool and the Gang VS Howard Jones VS Animotion)
phpBB [media]

This is the 9th track from my mashup album, Masdamind’s 80’s Babies Mixtape.
Howard Jones- Things Can Only Get Better( original)
Animotion- Obsession( Acapella)

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://masdamind.bandcamp.com/track/things-relax-on-girls-obsession
With God, all things are possible( including mashups ha).

https://masdamind.bandcamp.com/

Re: Things Relax on Girls' Obsession( Pet Shop Boys VS 4 oth

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:15 am

Welcome to mashstix, Masdamind! Please make sure you read the instructions on how to use the embedded MP3 Player to post your tracks!

As far as your mashup, I am enjoying this nostalgic 80’s journey! The mid-track transition was very nice!

The overlap between Animotion and Howard Jones is the only issue I had with this one, however. Those songs are in two different keys (D minor and A minor, respectively) unfortunately and it doesn’t quite work for my ears. I would recommend looking for another track in A minor to replace the Animotion track if you’re looking to tweak this track.

1 star User

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:09 pm

MashGyver wrote:Welcome to mashstix, Masdamind! Please make sure you read the instructions on how to use the embedded MP3 Player to post your tracks!

As far as your mashup, I am enjoying this nostalgic 80’s journey! The mid-track transition was very nice!

The overlap between Animotion and Howard Jones is the only issue I had with this one, however. Those songs are in two different keys (D minor and A minor, respectively) unfortunately and it doesn’t quite work for my ears. I would recommend looking for another track in A minor to replace the Animotion track if you’re looking to tweak this track.

I appreciate the feedback! I understand about the "how to post", but for some reason, hearththis is not letting me post my mashups. It takes them down almost immediately due to copyright issues, I don't have my own website, and my dropbox is limited and mostly used for business purposes, so sadly, youtube links are all I can spare right now. Hope you guys can understand.

Post Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:06 am

masdamind99 wrote:I appreciate the feedback! I understand about the "how to post", but for some reason, hearththis is not letting me post my mashups. It takes them down almost immediately due to copyright issues, I don't have my own website, and my dropbox is limited and mostly used for business purposes, so sadly, youtube links are all I can spare right now. Hope you guys can understand.
Yes, unfortunately hearthis got in some copyright trouble a few years ago, made some concessions, and was never the same. I would recommend using sowndhaus.audio as many of us do to avoid copyright takedowns.

1 star User

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:18 pm

MashGyver wrote:
masdamind99 wrote:I appreciate the feedback! I understand about the "how to post", but for some reason, hearththis is not letting me post my mashups. It takes them down almost immediately due to copyright issues, I don't have my own website, and my dropbox is limited and mostly used for business purposes, so sadly, youtube links are all I can spare right now. Hope you guys can understand.
Yes, unfortunately hearthis got in some copyright trouble a few years ago, made some concessions, and was never the same. I would recommend using sowndhaus.audio as many of us do to avoid copyright takedowns.

CAn you tell me how to embed Sowndhaus for the mp3 preview?

2 Star User

Post Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:49 am

Go to sowndhaus, upload the track, make it downloadable.
Rightclick om the arrow down button at sowndhaus and copy the URL.
Then go to your O.P. (original post) on Mashstix and choose 'edit'.
On Mashstix the edit scren opens, just above the white rectangular for text, there is a 'ribbon' with bold, italic, insert image, insert mp3previewplayer.
Put your cursor on one of them, but DO NOT click, and you will get a small popup explaining how to use it = the syntax.
Put your cursor below your introduction (the artwork and sources) and click on button 'mp3preview'.
This introduces two HTML items in your
post.
Paste your sowndhaus-link exactly in between. Watch out that the first HTML ends with ] and the second begins with [ .

It is roughly the same as how you put in your video thumbnail, but nowwiththe mp3preview-button.
good luck

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>