CVS - Without Me, IDGAF (Eminem vs. Dua Lipa)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

CVS - Without Me, IDGAF (Eminem vs. Dua Lipa)

Post Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:09 am

sources:
Eminem - Without Me (acapella)
Dua Lipa - IDGAF (just the acoustic guitar, split in L+R and combined the parts)

Trying to make something without 'riddim', but keeping it real & chill at the same time.
Thanks Happy Cat Disco for your advanced key-tip (between Em and Fm).
I used Autotune EVO on that 'part of a semitone' in version 4. Transposed 2 semitones lower, keep formants, voice on 'alto', key to 'E minor' of the mental.
Thanks MashGyver for your key-tip on version 2. In version 3 I lowered vocal-volume and the pitch wit Acid Pro 2 semitones from F#m to Em of mental, WITHOUT keeping formants.
Made vocal a tiny bit later in a number of places, this sounds a bit more relaxed (apart from the slowing down with 15 bpm in version 1).
More send-reverb on vocal (early reflection 1 ms) and ALSO channel-reverb (low 20 ms pre-delay) to soften vocal.
Put mental outro on its original place, so 'return of the empty break' at 4:34 - 4:42, now there is less overlap with Em's 'nya nya nya', also cut off the very last guitar part to give 'kids!!' more breathing room.
Lowered timing difference between L+R guitar tracks, to narrow the stereo (back) to improve the fit with just a 'relaxed' vocal.

No Flash Installed

download-v4

--------------------------------------
to comare version 3:

No Flash Installed

to compare version 1:

No Flash Installed

Last edited by CVS on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

Re: CVS - Without Me, IDGAF (Eminem vs. Dua Lipa)

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:39 am

I see what you’re going for here, CVS. As much as I’ve enjoyed similar projects of yours, I don’t know that you can beautify Eminem here…The energies aren’t a great match for me, at least in its current state. Some wacky echoes on the vocal may help, but I’m not sure if I can be sold on this combo, unfortunately... :1undecided: I do like that isolated guitar part, though.

There is also some melodic content in the Eminem vocal. Namely, the intro (“Guess who’s back…”) and outro (“Nya nya nya nya nya…”) seem to be in F♯ minor. IDGAF is in E minor, right? That guitar outro seems to wander about, though, so I’m not sure what to do there.

2 Star User

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:26 am

Thanks for replying MashGyver.
HCD told me on another IDGAF-mashup that it was G major (so relative minor E minor like you said).
Earlier I thought Eminem to be G major as well, so I tried again.
But I trust your ears and have treated the vocal bits (and the rap) as F# min, so lowered them two semitones in version 3 in the O.P. This takes away a bit of the agression in his voice.

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:43 am

It's sort of there. It sounds like the vocals are in between Fm and Em which is giving the appearance of sometime on and sometime off key. Hi rap is in the pocket well. Just see if you can figure out how to get those vocals key under control. :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:01 am

Thanks HCD, I put Autotune on the vocal to pull it all to E minor after transposing in Autotune 2 semi down with keep formants on, instead of Acid Pro with keep formants OFF. New version 4 is in O.P.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>