[FP] Adam Dutch-Sub Wolves (Selena Gomez, Marshmello v SSPU)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] Adam Dutch-Sub Wolves (Selena Gomez, Marshmello v SSPU)

Post Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Adam Dutch - Substitution Wolves (Selena Gomez x Marshmello vs. Silversun Pickups)

Sources:
Selena Gomez x Marshmello- Wolves (Acapella)
Silversun Pickups- Substitution (Instrumental)

This Top-40 vs. Rock thing shall continue. Had this idea when experimenting with Wolves on guitar the other week. Had to get this instrumental by ordering a rare promo CD from overseas which took a week to get here. Some serious arrangement things were needed since there are some unique changes in the SSPU song and it's about twice as long as Wolves, which has a very simplistic pop construction. Effects used on vocals: EQ, Plate Reverb (verses), OneKnob Phat, Limiter, Compressor.

Update:

Vocals in first verse brought down slightly and entire vocal track checked for timing. Some effects added in transition parts. YouTube unlisted video is up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated:

Final Faster Version:

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t2hhqgaypjdoo3m/Substitution%20Wolves%20%28Adam%20Dutch%20f%29.mp3?dl=0

Final:

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7xy39cikf9re9nd/Substitution%20Wolves%20%28Adam%20Dutch%20Mashup%29.mp3?dl=0

2nd Go through:

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ovk ... 9.mp3?dl=0

1st Go Through:

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1s5z36piua0hg4d/Substition%20Wolves%20%28Adam%20Dutch%20Mashup%29.mp3?dl=0

Music Video:

phpBB [media]
Last edited by Adam Dutch on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Adam Dutch - Sub Wolves (Selena Gomez x Marshmello v SSP

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:43 am

i like this pop / rock version ! well done

RECOMMEND

Re: (!) Adam Dutch-Sub Wolves (Selena Gomez x Marshmello v S

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:12 am

Great idea, Adam :1rolleyes:
Few minor things for me:
  • In the first verse, SG vocals sounds like she is floating above this mental, it is getting better from the first chorus,
    so maybe you can lower her a bit or play a bit more with the EQ in that part to make her gelled with the music.
  • The transitions @1:15 sounds a bit strange and not smooth enough, maybe you can add some delay before that spot.
  • Also the couple of phrases at the end sounds kind of late to me.

In overall nicely done :1wink:

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 pm

I like the combo, but SMASH is right-on with his comments. At 1:15 the transition is about a beat early.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:38 am

SMASH wrote:Great idea, Adam :1rolleyes:
Few minor things for me:
  • In the first verse, SG vocals sounds like she is floating above this mental, it is getting better from the first chorus,
    so maybe you can lower her a bit or play a bit more with the EQ in that part to make her gelled with the music.
  • The transitions @1:15 sounds a bit strange and not smooth enough, maybe you can add some delay before that spot.
  • Also the couple of phrases at the end sounds kind of late to me.

In overall nicely done :1wink:

Thanks.

2nd version is up. Changes made:

1. First verse vocals brought down -3db. Some hi end taken out.
2. Transition around 1:15 changed slightly with some delay added. Reverb added in another transition part.
3. Timing fixed in some select areas.
4. Music video complete!

1 star User

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:14 pm

I really like this Pop-Rock combo.

Selena could come down in volume a touch - maybe just -1.0 dB. It's more noticeable at the beginning that she is too loud, so maybe take that down a touch further.

At the very end, it sounds very hissy - I guess this is the intended effect of the track but in my opinion you could maybe EQ the high frequencies out so it isn't quite as hissy :1smiley:

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 am

Much better, Adam :1rolleyes:

Don Hector wrote:Selena could come down in volume a touch - maybe just -1.0 dB. It's more noticeable at the beginning that she is too loud, so maybe take that down a touch further.

At the very end, it sounds very hissy - I guess this is the intended effect of the track but in my opinion you could maybe EQ the high frequencies out so it isn't quite as hissy :1smiley:

Not sure if it's 1.0 dB, maybe 0.5 dB, and regarding the very ending part, I think it's a good idea, thoughts?

1 star User

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 am

Update: Vocals brought down .5 DB. Some hi-end taken out at very last chorus.

Any thoughts on music video ? (note: audio from 2nd version)

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 pm

This is a good idea. The chorus pairing is excellent. Why did you time compress the instrumental? It destroyed your highend and is causing artifact on the drums.

1 star User

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:This is a good idea. The chorus pairing is excellent. Why did you time compress the instrumental? It destroyed your highend and is causing artifact on the drums.

Thanks. The original speed of Substitution seems very fast with her vocals involved. Wolves is at 126, Substitution is about 140, so I put it around 130. Here's what it sounds like at original tempo not as warped in Ableton.

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oh05wrpcjp9ezz4/SW%20fast.mp3?dl=0

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>