(!) Humble Halloween [EXPLICIT]

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!) Humble Halloween [EXPLICIT]

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:23 pm

A Halloween Mashup.
Kendrick Lamar- Humble vs John Carpenter - Halloween Theme
the beat and sound FXs are all done by me.
the track was sampled, chopped, and composed using an MPC Live.
the track title is:
"Humble Halloween”

No Flash Installed

Re: Humble Halloween

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:39 am

This one definitely earns the "EXPLICIT" tag.

Lots of people here will ride you for pairing a "talkie" track with an instrumental. I think that you did an admirable job with this mashup, but the misogynistic lyrics are just too much for me. I pass.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

2 Star User

Re: Humble Halloween [EXPLICIT]

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 am

I dig the Halloween focus. The adult content, while not for me, definitely has a market. (Also, for some reason, Kendrick Lamar gets a pass on this stuff from my wife and her friends. He's just so f-ing good that the attitude seems to be "yeah misogyny is part of the art form". But ... no way this gets played in front of the kiddos ...)

A few minor nits: the pairing of the vocal and the beat is really working for me in some portions, a great example being 1:52 - 2:26 where the "ehs" in the vocal are hitting the beat. However there are other parts where I'd like to see more instrumental energetic variation which does not appear. For instance it feel like some kind of build and release is possible from 0:46 - 0:56. There is a short build and release at circa 2:20 - 2:26 that's quite nice, I find myself craving more of that.

1 star User

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:19 pm

thanks for the feedback,
what is a "talkie track"??

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:56 pm

A talkie track is one where the (usually a rapper) speaks the lyrics without singing them. This kind of track works with pretty much all key signatures since there are no sung notes to pair.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Good combo. I would look for better DIY for humble if possible. This one sounds a little thin. You could also US a limiter to try and fill your current DIY out more.

RECOMMEND.

Try this one;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMg00 ... YwQms/view

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>