ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 am
Location: Australia

ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 am

Image

Back again and I've been a bit busy but presenting one of my pieces from AudioBoots' Summer Booty 2017 compilation with this one having Jonathan Davis jamming to one of Bruno Mars' recent hits. This one is a updated version than the one originally released since I made few minor changes here and there so make of that if you will. Now comments and criticism are welcome so enjoy.

Source
Korn - Coming Undone (Acapella)
Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (Instrumental & Acapella)

V1

No Flash Installed


Download MP3 Here

V2

No Flash Installed


Download MP3 Here
Last edited by eternalkhaos on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:45 pm

I really like this one when Korn-parts are on, not so much Bruno - but that's just cause I've heard that song to death :P

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2685
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:54 am

There are definitely some OOK moments in this one, but most of it sounds right, so I suspect the dreaded "5ths issue" haunts this one. MashGyver of HCD can pick these things out rather quickly and accurately.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 am
Location: Australia

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:26 pm

satis5d wrote:There are definitely some OOK moments in this one, but most of it sounds right, so I suspect the dreaded "5ths issue" haunts this one. MashGyver of HCD can pick these things out rather quickly and accurately.


It's cool and hopefully, MashGyver or somebody else do give me pointers. However (and this is strange), I submit this track on mashups reddit and it has been getting some praise atm with it being 43 ups and that is more than All-Star Relaxation there... which got no ups and downs so maybe they are fatique on Smash Mouth mashups or something.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:56 pm

eternalkhaos wrote:It's cool and hopefully, MashGyver or somebody else do give me pointers. However (and this is strange), I submit this track on mashups reddit and it has been getting some praise atm with it being 43 ups and that is more than All-Star Relaxation there... which got no ups and downs so maybe they are fatique on Smash Mouth mashups or something.

I wish I could tell you that there was any rhyme or reason to reddit, but I can’t. What I can tell you is that this combination is hilarious, and I think redditors were pleased with the concept despite it being out of key. For the average listener I think concept and enjoyability trump musicality.

24K is in F minor and Coming Undone is in D minor, which is a bit of a gap, but not insurmountable, depending on what kind of software you have. If you can bring the instrumental down a semitone without destroying it and bring the vocals up 2 semitones without it losing its attitude you’ve got a winner. What are you using, ETK?

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 am
Location: Australia

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 am

MashGyver wrote:I wish I could tell you that there was any rhyme or reason to reddit, but I can’t. What I can tell you is that this combination is hilarious, and I think redditors were pleased with the concept despite it being out of key. For the average listener I think concept and enjoyability trump musicality.


Nobody can tell because it's Reddit so they can go for pretty much anything despite its flaws.

MashGyver wrote:24K is in F minor and Coming Undone is in D minor, which is a bit of a gap, but not insurmountable, depending on what kind of software you have. If you can bring the instrumental down a semitone without destroying it and bring the vocals up 2 semitones without it losing its attitude you’ve got a winner. What are you using, ETK?


Could give it a try when I got back from a friends stayover. Also, the software I'm using is Audacity which I used since I start mashing. I also use Goldwave but barely and at times.

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:00 pm

[quote="eternalkhaos"
Also, the software I'm using is Audacity which I used since I start mashing. I also use Goldwave but barely and at times.[/quote]

I used audacity when I first started out too cause it's freeware, but now I use ableton. I would strongly recommend you to look in to it. It's a far better software imo and it's not that pricy either - and on some websites they practically give it away :1wink:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 3356
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 pm

It's a 5ths key issue as Mash pointed out. The syncopation is great though. :1smiley:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2685
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:09 am

I realize that there aren't many of us out there to sing its praises, but the jump from Audacity (freeware) to Pro Tools | First (also freeware) is huge. For a mashup artist like me, I find it does everything I need it to do to make high-quality mixes. My last 80-or so mashups have been made in PT|First. It does have some crippling limitations, but they can be worked around.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 am
Location: Australia

Re: ETK: 24 Korn Magic (Korn vs Bruno Mars)

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 am

Okay, I tried installing both Ableton and ProTools | First and this is something since the first program didn't work out and it's probably the lesser room on my hard drive so I'll get back to that. As for ProTools, there's a iLok.com login issue that I don't know how to solve so will go back to this soon.

As for changing semitones part, I used both Audacity and Goldwave for this. Audacity didn't work since the vocal pitch may have made Jonathan Davis sound like a total chipmunk but the instrumentals would have worked. GoldWave however might work so I'll just throw in my v2 mix above so it depends on your taste and criticism on this part.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests