(FP) September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas) v2

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

(FP) September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas) v2

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 pm

DJ CROSSABILITY - September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas)

Sources used:
Earth, Wind & Fire - September (Acapella)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

Glasvegas - Daddy's Gone (Instrumental & Original)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyl99rs8xU0

V2:

No Flash Installed

DONWLOAD

Comments/feedback would be much appreciated, cheers!

1 star User

Re: September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas)

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:12 pm

The only thing I have to say is that this is simply beautiful :1shocked:

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:28 am

Drazile wrote:The only thing I have to say is that this is simply beautiful :1shocked:

Agree, This is beautiful combo!
The main thing holding me from recommend this beauty, is the vocals which sounds like it going lost in the mental, and it's very noticeable from 3:00.
Are you using the acapella from here? cause it sound better to me :1undecided:
I hope you'll be able to handle it, cause it really has a good potential :1wink:

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:51 pm

A little slow for my tastes but a clever mash. I agree with SMASH about the volume starting around 2:26. The vocals need to come up with the instrumental or the instrumental needs to come down a little. Either way this is getting my...

Re: (!) September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas)

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Thanks all, for the positive response and enjoying the combo! Cheers also HCD for recommending. :1smiley:

SMASH, yeah I know what mean. That’s the same file as the one I used. I think the problem may be a variety of where the tempo of the vocal has been slowed down, plus the acapella source file has quite a processed sound to it already, then adding a lot of reverb to it, is seems to sort of distort and clash frequency-wise with the ‘mental at some points? Along with the loudness and harshness of the guitar effect making it sound worse? If you notice on the original Glasvegas track, in particularly at the 2:24 mark and last chorus where it again increases. Plus from 2:58 there's an unusual guitar background effect I think. Actually the version I linked in the top post is slightly different to the one I used, I think I used a newer, updated version, perhaps the album version? As in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyl99rs8xU0

I'll have a look into increasing the pella as advised, but not too much that it affects the frequencies and distortion levels.

(n.b. I've got 3 mashups in total now to look into editing and improving - this one, the Ellie Goulding I Love Following You mash, and the Rob D Mashed to Death, so I hope to be able to get new versions of these done soon - along with commenting on the latest submissions to the board of course :1wink: )

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:45 pm

I really like this one, Cross! I agree about the vocal volume, though.

The instrumental has an unusual mix to it that probably makes it tough to get the volume balanced right with the vocals. When that loud extra guitar track comes in around 2:25, it seems like it is dead center in the mix and very narrow/mono, and really gets in the way of the vocals. If you’re familiar with Ableton’s “Utility” effect, you may be able to tone down the center channel by increasing the Stereo Separation over 100%, to something like 130%, you’ll just have to be sure that the drums and bass aren’t affected too much by this. You may also try using the “Utility” effect to narrow the EW&F vocals under 100% and see if you can get them to fit into the space you’ve created in the center track. You could certainly play with EQ, but I don’t feel like the frequency clashes are as much the problem as the crowded stereo field.

1 star User

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:00 am

Download Link???

DJ CROSSABILITY wrote:Image

DJ CROSSABILITY - September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas)

Sources used:
Earth, Wind & Fire - September (Acapella)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

Glasvegas - Daddy's Gone (Instrumental & Original)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSdQxKaBfU

No Flash Installed

Comments/feedback would be much appreciated, cheers!

Re: (!) September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas) v2

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:35 am

Finally got around to making a new version of this. Tried to adjust the 'mental by lowering the volume to allow the vocal to sound more clear. Hopefully this has resolved the issue, cheers.

Re: (!) September's Gone (Earth, Wind & Fire vs. Glasvegas) v2

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:50 pm

V2 sounds good.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>