(!)Supersonic Bulldog (Oasis vs Beatles) - Chocomang

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(!)Supersonic Bulldog (Oasis vs Beatles) - Chocomang

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:08 am

The Beatles and Oasis, two bands linked across the decades. They were the most popular British bands of their respective eras and generations, it's why I choose to put them together, to hear how it sounds.

[MP3PREVIEW][/MP3PREVIEW]
:1huh: mp3preview not working anymore ?

Instrumental: Oasis - Supersonic (1994)
Acapella: Beatles - Hey Bulldog (1969)

http://chocomang.org/mashup#210
https://soundcloud.com/choco1-1/chocoma ... vs-beatles
http://www.hulkshare.com/chocomang1/cho ... ic-bulldog
Audioboots the friendly mashup forum.

Re: Supersonic Bulldog (Oasis vs Beatles) - Chocomang

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:12 am

The mp3 player feature still works, but you may need to make some adjustments to the coding depending on where the source is located.

I listened to your mashup on your .org website (very nicely catalogued, by the way). I like the pairing overall, but I found that there are several OOK (out of key) bits on the vocals. Perhaps with a bit of spot-pitching this song could make the front-page.

I'm purposely not mentioning the spots because I'm hoping that those with better-trained ears than mine can point them out with more accuracy. But if nobody else points them out, I'll do my best.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:09 pm

I like your courage to go back in time to the late 60's :1smiley:
I agree with satis5d regarding the key issues. I'm not sure but it sounds like there is a semitone different between the sources, so it might be an easy fix :1wink:

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:06 pm

Great combo, Choco! Some very unexpected synergy between these two tracks for me! I think the key issues the others are hearing is more an intonation/pitch issue. "Hey Bulldog" seems to be a bit sharp, although it sounds like you've already lowered its pitch. I happen to know the original is really pitchy and there are a lot of sharp notes, but you may be able to drop it another 20 cents and make it sit in there better. Not a deal breaker…could use some cleaning up, though.

Whether you choose to address that or not,

Cool website, by the way! Really impressive!

1 star User

Re: (!)Supersonic Bulldog (Oasis vs Beatles) - Chocomang

Post Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:19 am

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:31 am

i don't feel this one ... the pella (almost the second voice) is always at the limit of the "OOK" (please apologise my bad english, but i think you understand what i want to say :1wink: )

2 Star User

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:11 am

Thanks for the comments and recommendation !

DRA'man wrote:i don't feel this one ... the pella (almost the second voice) is always at the limit of the "OOK" (please apologise my bad english, but i think you understand what i want to say :1wink: )

The original track from the Beatles already sounds OOK in my humble opinion and if it's not OOK it's weird. I 've tried several adjustment but it worse, if someone can help he will be very welcome.
Audioboots the friendly mashup forum.

1 star User

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm

chocomang wrote:The original track from the Beatles already sounds OOK in my humble opinion and if it's not OOK it's weird. I 've tried several adjustment but it worse, if someone can help he will be very welcome.

Ah, yes! The Beatles can be a very finicky group to mix with!

Though the slight issues do exist that the others mentioned, I enjoy this mashup very much!
Star Man audiovisual transmission logs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqb33w ... ns9DMeHKgA

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:46 pm

chocomang wrote:The original track from the Beatles already sounds OOK in my humble opinion and if it's not OOK it's weird. I 've tried several adjustment but it worse, if someone can help he will be very welcome.
Post details
Like I said before, it's not OOK, but bad pitch control by Sir Paul and the boys. The more I listen the more I notice there are a few parts ("You can talk to me","Hey Bulldog") that are not a great fit and could maybe use some spot-pitching, but I think most of the issue is intonation.

Above all, the whole vocal track can come down about 20 cents, and the really sharp notes (the high notes like "park" as in "walking in the park") can probably come down an additional 30 cents, but you'll have to try it and see how it sounds. Hope that's a good enough place to start for you, though, Choco.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>