(FP) You've Got Another Thing Bulletproof(JPriest vs LaRoux)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

(FP) You've Got Another Thing Bulletproof(JPriest vs LaRoux)

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:50 am

MashGyver - You've Got Another Thing Bulletproof (Judas Priest vs. La Roux)

La Roux - Bulletproof: instrumental
Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming: vocals and guitar stems

Version 3

No Flash Installed

DOWNLOAD

Well, it tanked big-time in the Mash-Off...So, I'd like to hear what you guys hate so much about it! :1smiley: It's not my best mashup, but it's definitely not my worst. So let me have it!

Re: MG- You've Got Another Thing Bulletproof (JPriest vs LaRoux)

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:02 am

I didn't hate it :1grin: It's a cool combination, the only thing i can say is that the instrumental sounds a little choked compared to the original, maybe try to make it more wider :1undecided:

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:43 am

MashGyver wrote:Well, it tanked big-time in the Mash-Off...

You got a vote. Look on the bright side. :1tongue: :1grin:

Apart from the aforementioned instrumental, I liked this one quite a lot when I first heard it...actually, I still do. Seriously, if you could pitch up the instrumental in a way which leaves it more intact than it is here, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mashup. It's got potential.
Deputy Commissioner, Mashstix Harmony Police
Blog | Facebook

1 star User

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:04 am

Good stuff! :1cool:

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Sherlock Poirot wrote:Apart from the aforementioned instrumental, I liked this one quite a lot when I first heard it...actually, I still do. Seriously, if you could pitch up the instrumental in a way which leaves it more intact than it is here, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mashup. It's got potential.

I second this :1smiley:
Website |Facebook | Sowndhaus - I love making music but can't be bothered releasing it lately. PM me for some demos

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:03 pm

DJ Firth wrote:
Sherlock Poirot wrote:Apart from the aforementioned instrumental, I liked this one quite a lot when I first heard it...actually, I still do. Seriously, if you could pitch up the instrumental in a way which leaves it more intact than it is here, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mashup. It's got potential.

I second this :1smiley:

I third! The combination is fantastic Mash. :1smiley:

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:59 pm

First of all, I love the fact that you mashed up two songs that I've never heard anyone else mash up, despite the fact that these songs are not obscure. And it sounds really good. It's tight, and it's well-paired.

But for me, I want to hear this song "hit me" but it comes across a little bit timid. I think it''s a technical (compression) thing. But the song screams power, but delivers little in the way of punch. I wish I could express it better, but that's what I got.

Do I think this song belongs on the front page... absolutely, but it could use a little bit of punch.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Sherlock Poirot wrote:You got a vote. Look on the bright side. :1tongue: :1grin:

Yes, but I didn't have one until someone changed their vote hours before the polls closed! But don't worry--I didn't really think you guys hated it. :1smiley: We all knew what it was up against!

Anyway, I'll see what I can do about that instrumental…Hopefully that will fix the "power" issue for you too, satis5d...

Post Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:57 pm

I think I know what's going on here and I'm not sure if it's fixable.

I looked up my version of Bullet proof instrumental and I noticed its the same tempo but -2 lower pitch. Did you increase the pitch of the instrumental with "time correction/maintain length" on? If so, that is the cause of the instrumental quality issues. I tried pulling Judas Priest vocals down -3 in melodyne but it sounded really nasty too. I'm not sure what else could be done. :1undecided:

Post Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:I think I know what's going on here and I'm not sure if it's fixable.

I looked up my version of Bullet proof instrumental and I noticed its the same tempo but -2 lower pitch. Did you increase the pitch of the instrumental with "time correction/maintain length" on? If so, that is the cause of the instrumental quality issues. I tried pulling Judas Priest vocals down -3 in melodyne but it sounded really nasty too. I'm not sure what else could be done. :1undecided:

Ableton's algorithm's are a little different, but I did realize I didn't use the best algorithm the first time, so I will try submitting it with the better algorithm. I found several versions of the instrumental, but the hard thing is that some of them have the synth solo near the end mixed down really low, which is kind of a dealbreaker for me, since hearing Rob scream in unison with the solo was a magical mashup moment for me. How does your version compare? The song's got such an odd electronic sound to me, so I'm having a hard time determining which one is of the best quality...

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>