One18 - SuperBowl 50 "COLDBEY" Beyonce x Coldplay x Jay-Z

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

One18 - SuperBowl 50 "COLDBEY" Beyonce x Coldplay x Jay-Z

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:28 am

Coldplay feat. Rihanna - Princess of China
Beyonce - Ring The Alarm
Jay-Z - Hey Papi
2pac - F*** All Y'all

I present to you SuperBowl 50 Halftime Performance "COLDBEY"

Finely tuned, just in time for the SuperBowl. I appreciate all the comments from the past few weeks.

No Flash Installed

https://hearthis.at/DMNc9KrJ/coldbey-2-3-mp3/download/
Last edited by One18thageeOD on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
One18 - Mashups, Beats, Bootlegs.
https://one18.bandcamp.com/

Re: One18 - SuperBowl 50 "BOLDPLAY" Beyonce x Coldplay x Jay-Z

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:51 pm

I think that this is the best mashup you've posted here to date. It needs "tightening" in several spots, but it has the best chance of making the Front Page of any of your mashups.

You know my feelings about the lyrics, so I won't labor on that point. It's the timing that seems to need the most work.

Now for my personal rant... :1shocked:
I was about to mention the garbled, artifact-riddled opening sequence from Princess of China (a song I'd not heard before) until I listened to the original and realized that you didn't do anything to mess it up--it came that way from the factory!! Say WHAT?!?! :1huh: I cannot understand why in 2016 anyone would make music on the level of the 1973 transistor radio. It's bizarre to me.

Tighten up the timing on the transitions and you've got a chance with the mods with this one, I think.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:42 am

satis5d wrote:Tighten up the timing on the transitions and you've got a chance with the mods with this one, I think.

Agreed with statis5d regarding the timing issue, you will need to fix Beyonce timing starting at 0:35.

Another issue here is with the track structure, it is not organized, try to mix it wisely, not just jumping from one acapella to another.

Additionally I must say, Rap is great, and it is most of the time the easiest combination, it will probably fit to any key level when the BPM is related to the instrumental since it is only talking and not singing.
Do not understand the wrong impression, I'm also using Rap in my mashups but I'm trying to use them mainly in the drops parts or as a bridge between 2 different acapellas and not as a leading vocals.

Hope it helped :1wink:

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:21 am

Too add what the others are saying:

Beyonce's timing also keeps going off, you can really hear the difference when you switch between the original & the instrumental, again at 1:45 - big sound quality contrast.

Really, to be brutally honest, the transitions are all too obvious and there's too many timing/quality issues to pass it by. This would need a lot of work, personally I would advise ditching it and making a new mashup by just sticking with 1 instrumental and 1 acapella for now until you learn a little bit more about producing, it's a much easier place to start :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:20 am

I appreciate all the comments and feedback everyone!

I have RE-DONE the mix, transitions still need to be a tad smoother, but any further feedback would be greatly appreciated. Maybe leave me a comment if I should even bother to tighten it/finish it?

Trying to salvage what I think is a great idea :1shocked:

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:32 am

Well, my opinion counts for only one soul, but the opinion of this soul is ABSOLUTELY FINISH THIS OFF WITH GLORY! I listened to it closely a couple of times and I really like what you've done here. As far as I can tell, and these things aren't my specialty--but I'm learning--you only need to slay the beasts at 0:24 and 2:45. Solve those two transitions and I will grant this mashup two thumbs up.

But to let you know that I appreciate this mashup for what you've made it, I can grant you, without any reservations a hearty one thumb up for artistic impression. And I don't throw my thumbs around like candy. :1wink:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:07 pm

satis5d wrote:Well, my opinion counts for only one soul, but the opinion of this soul is ABSOLUTELY FINISH THIS OFF WITH GLORY! I listened to it closely a couple of times and I really like what you've done here. As far as I can tell, and these things aren't my specialty--but I'm learning--you only need to slay the beasts at 0:24 and 2:45. Solve those two transitions and I will grant this mashup two thumbs up.

But to let you know that I appreciate this mashup for what you've made it, I can grant you, without any reservations a hearty one thumb up for artistic impression. And I don't throw my thumbs around like candy. :1wink:

Really appreciate the feedback 5d!

Just tweaked it again to get the transitions tighter and added a few things. The newest version can be found at the top (same place)

Coming along slowly but surely I feel :1rolleyes:

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Congratulations, the beast at 0:24 is dead. You solved it beautifully.
There's still some work to do at 2:45.
And now that we adjust to the fine-tuning, double-check what's going on at around 1:10. Not sure if I heard something amiss there or not.

Slowly, but Surely, indeed. I don't know how far I can take you with this one, but I'm committed to helping you as much as I can.

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Nice mashup One! :1smiley: I didn't hear the v1 which is fine, this one is pretty good. All the key stuff is in order and I really like the Beyonce distortion part. I have a few recommendations for the mix and one creative observation.

• Overall it sounds like the mix is lacking some high end clarity. This is most noticeable from about 1:40 to 2:13.
  • The Jay Z section is off timed (off phrased). :1undecided:
  • The 2 Pac section is off timed (off phrased), but is sounds good.
  • Have you considered using something other than 2 Pac for the ending. As good as is sounds it doesn't fit the rest of the songs narrative.

1 star User

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Nice mashup One! :1smiley: I didn't hear the v1 which is fine, this one is pretty good. All the key stuff is in order and I really like the Beyonce distortion part. I have a few recommendations for the mix and one creative observation.

• Overall it sounds like the mix is lacking some high end clarity. This is most noticeable from about 1:40 to 2:13.
  • The Jay Z section is off timed (off phrased). :1undecided:
  • The 2 Pac section is off timed (off phrased), but is sounds good.
  • Have you considered using something other than 2 Pac for the ending. As good as is sounds it doesn't fit the rest of the songs narrative.

I appreciate the feedback Happy Cat Disco! Great advice for the mix. I have hopefully fine tuned everything now. Please let me know what you think

Also, I added 2pac because I hear he's coming out of hiding for this year's halftime show :1laugh:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>