[FP] SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

[FP] SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:16 am

Image

SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

String - Shape of My Heart
Oasis - Wonderwall

Incredible combination making Oasis "Wonderwall" sounds like an acoustic version, thanks to the beautiful song "Shape of My Heart" from Sting.

V9

No Flash Installed



URL:
https://hearthis.at/shaharmashups/shape-of-wonderwall/

Download:
https://hearthis.at/shaharmashups/shape-of-wonderwall/download/
Last edited by SMASH on Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Texas

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Welcome to Mashstix, SMASH!

By the sounds of things, you're no rookie to making mashups. This "first impression" has been a very favorable one indeed.

I give it two thumbs up for artistic impression. :1grin: Well done.

Since you seem to be so good at making mashups, perhaps you would like to become a great addition to Mashstix and give some feedback on the mashups of others. Oh, and please limit the number of mashups to no more than two per week, as per the guidelines.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Welcome to Mashstix SMASH!!! REALLY GOOD mash up. The slow down at the end... :1tongue: :1grin:

The only thing keeping me from recommending this is the vocals at 1:13-1:20 are noticeably off timed.

Off subject: Please only submit one or two mashups a week at most. We've had limited moderator activity recently making it difficult to keep up with so many mashups. :1cry:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:59 am

satis5d wrote:Welcome to Mashstix, SMASH!

By the sounds of things, you're no rookie to making mashups. This "first impression" has been a very favorable one indeed.

I give it two thumbs up for artistic impression. :1grin: Well done.

Since you seem to be so good at making mashups, perhaps you would like to become a great addition to Mashstix and give some feedback on the mashups of others. Oh, and please limit the number of mashups to no more than two per week, as per the guidelines.


Thanks for your warm welcome and review :1grin:
Actually I'm new here but I'm producing Mashups for a year or so.
Recently I moved from SoundCloud to Hearthis platform since my first profile on SoundCloud was removed after 3 strikes :1angry:
Anyway, I will probably be around here and will be glad to give my feedback to other Mashup producers :1cool:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:09 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Welcome to Mashstix SMASH!!! REALLY GOOD mash up. The slow down at the end... :1tongue: :1grin:

The only thing keeping me from recommending this is the vocals at 1:13-1:20 are noticeably off timed.

Off subject: Please only submit one or two mashups a week at most. We've had limited moderator activity recently making it difficult to keep up with so many mashups. :1cry:


Hello Happy Cat Disco!!!
Thanks for your compliments :1smiley:
I must tell you, your megamashups are realy stunning!!
I agree with your last remark, I will fix the track soon :1cool:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: california bay area, usa

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:15 pm

It would take a lot to make me want to last hearing another Wonderwall vs ______ mashup, but the constant abstract sounding chord changes and nylon string guitar plucking is a lot!

This is great!

Image

I did notice some slight stuttering in the instrumental, though. Perhaps you're using Ableton, and were time stretching the instrumental using the 'Beats' option instead of 'Complex Pro'?
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:52 pm

smash wrote:Hello Happy Cat Disco!!!
Thanks for your compliments :1smiley:
I must tell you, your megamashups are realy stunning!!
I agree with your last remark, I will fix the track soon :1cool:

:1grin: Just let us know when Version 2 is ready and we'll take another listen!! Again, very well done Smash. :1cool:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:57 pm

A new version of this track has been loaded, fixed with all of the above remarks, hope it is sounds better now, thanks all for the review :1cool:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:48 pm

smash wrote:A new version of this track has been loaded, fixed with all of the above remarks, hope it is sounds better now, thanks all for the review :1cool:
:1shocked: It's still about an 8th note too late. Check it out. :1wink:
phpBB [media]

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: SMASH - Shape of Wonderwall (Sting vs Oasis)

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:54 am

Again I was amazed by your incredible sharp ears :1grin:
An updated version is ready now for your review :1smiley:
Thanks all for the comments!!

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjrexpert and 53 guests