Electronic Prophet-Celebrating Cheyenne (Madonna vs Jason D)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Electronic Prophet-Celebrating Cheyenne (Madonna vs Jason D)

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:54 am

Electronic Prophet - Celebrating Cheyenne (Madonna vs Jason Derulo)

Madonna - Celebration (Acapella)
Jason Derulo - Cheyenne (Instrumental)

I was just trying a few different acapellas behind this instrumental, and this one matched up perfectly. Hope you all enjoy it.

No Flash Installed

Re: Electronic Prophet-Celebrating Cheyenne (Madonna vs Jason D)

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Good stuff Prophet. :1smiley: The timing and keys are paired well.

The chorus feels a little lacking in enegry. Madonnas melody is not as bold as Derulo's. You may be able to alleviate that by turning up the Chorus sections 1 -1.5 dB and returning to the normal volume during the verses.

Also, Madonna feels a little dry throughout and muffled near the end. Adding some reverb and clearing up the EQ somewhere around 800Hz on her vocals may help sit her in the mix more.

Great job all around. I just hope you can figure out a way to get the energy up. :1smiley:

Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:15 am

Welcome to the forum!!

And congrats on a really great first post here, this combo works rather well!

As HCD mentioned though, the vocals don't sit too well - I would definitely advise removing some low frequencies on the vocal (or just apply a high-pass filter) and the vocals are really wide in the stereo mix (not sure if you have the tools in your DAW to adjust that but I might recommend you google and experiment if not).

Buut I really enjoyed it and look forward to hearing more from you :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:06 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Good stuff Prophet. :1smiley: The timing and keys are paired well.

The chorus feels a little lacking in enegry. Madonnas melody is not as bold as Derulo's. You may be able to alleviate that by turning up the Chorus sections 1 -1.5 dB and returning to the normal volume during the verses.

Also, Madonna feels a little dry throughout and muffled near the end. Adding some reverb and clearing up the EQ somewhere around 800Hz on her vocals may help sit her in the mix more.

Great job all around. I just hope you can figure out a way to get the energy up. :1smiley:

Thank you for the feedback. I've been looking for a site where other artists could give me some solid pointers. I am so happy I found one finally. I'll give those suggestions a try, and get it reposted up soon. Much appreciated

1 star User

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:09 am

DJ Firth wrote:Welcome to the forum!!

And congrats on a really great first post here, this combo works rather well!

As HCD mentioned though, the vocals don't sit too well - I would definitely advise removing some low frequencies on the vocal (or just apply a high-pass filter) and the vocals are really wide in the stereo mix (not sure if you have the tools in your DAW to adjust that but I might recommend you google and experiment if not).

Buut I really enjoyed it and look forward to hearing more from you :1smiley:

Thank you for taking the time to listen and type up a response with some pointers man, it is well received. I'll toss in those few tweaks and get it resubmitted up, thanks :-)

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>