[FP] Genesis v Earth, Wind & Fire - That's All Fantasy

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] Genesis v Earth, Wind & Fire - That's All Fantasy

Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 am

All done and updated - enjoy! :1smiley:

V2

No Flash Installed

https://hearthis.at/pGc3mWQ4/thats-all-fantasy

Instrumental: Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy
Acapella: Genesis - That's All

2 Star User

Re: Genesis v Earth, Wind & Fire - That's All Fantasy

Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:04 pm

I really love what you did here, It gives the genesis track new life and a more rejuvenated feeling, Keep up the great work and I hope this gets frontpaged because it deserves it.

1 star User

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:11 pm

My ear isn't good enough to say definitively, but I like the fit, particularly the tricky bridge part (the "truth is I love you bit" around 2:20). Nicely done...lord knows Phil and the boys could benefit from some funk infusions. Thanks for the share.
lend me ten pounds, and I'll buy you a drink.
http://www.poguetry.com

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:11 pm

I don't know either source and it sounds like an original to me so that's a great compliment, you've done very well! :1grin:

My only gripe is the sound quality (which is probably due to the age of both tracks I'm guessing?) however they both lack a modern crisp sound so it actually helps the mashup sound more organic.

The ending is perhaps a little sudden, a longer fade-out would be nice (if possible).

Overall though, sounds like a old classic hit from long before my time but I still really enjoyed the groove and although my audiophile mindset has me complaining; the groove of the track still comes through and I actually really enjoyed it :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:02 am

paddywhack wrote:My ear isn't good enough to say definitively, but I like the fit, particularly the tricky bridge part (the "truth is I love you bit" around 2:20). Nicely done...lord knows Phil and the boys could benefit from some funk infusions. Thanks for the share.

Great bridge part! I had a lot of trouble with the one I made! All around really a great mashup!

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:55 am

yeah it's a good combo, unfortunately, the key change at 3'20 doesn't work :1wink:

1 star User

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:03 am

DRA'man wrote:yeah it's a good combo, unfortunately, the key change at 3'20 doesn't work :1wink:

Well only just I thought!

1 star User

Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:59 am

That is such a cool mashup! Beautifully made!

Would you mind posting the acapella for Genesis- That's All? I've been looking all over for it! You would really make my day! :)

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:47 am

JamiePr wrote:
DRA'man wrote:yeah it's a good combo, unfortunately, the key change at 3'20 doesn't work :1wink:

Well only just I thought!

NO! You have a masterpiece combo on your hands. Please replace the instrumental after 3:20 with the earlier sections that worked with the vocals. You don't need the ending crescendo. Just finish out the last chorus and fade out the song. :1cool:

Or better yet,

If you message me the Genesis "That's All" acapella I'll key it up to Gm and send if back. :1grin:

It's a great mashup!

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:56 am

Wow ... I love the melancholy side ... great idea ... you just have to follow the advice of friends ... because you have a good combo there ... I can not wait to listen to the V2;-)

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>