Cosfer Strey - The Happy Banana Song

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:07 pm

The Minions - Banana Song
Taylor Swift - Shake it Off
Pharell Williams - Happy
John Legend - All of me
Idina Menzel - Let it Go

I know there are already tons of Shake it off mashups out there but anyway here's my version of it. I tried to make it a feel-good care free mashup. Feedbacks would be much appreciated.

No Flash Installed

https://hearthis.at/YDLCZ2Wd/the-happy-banana-song/

1 star User

Re: Cosfer Strey - The Happy Banana Song

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:45 am

Really need feedback on this. It matters a lot to me

3 Star User

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:01 am

What's with the shit John Legend vocals? I've got plenty good remixes of this track suggesting a good pella is available.

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:30 pm

For me, overall this is definitely an improvement on the tracks you've submitted so far.

I would lose the Banana song at the beginning and just start with Pharell straight away, as I think it sounds weird and doesn't really fit with the rest of the track.

For me all the other sources work really well together.

Perhaps there could be a bit more interplay in the section between 0:48 & 1:21 as it starts to become too much of just the "Shake it Off" original. Maybe you could add some Idina Menzel "Let it Go" vocals here, including doing the same thing structurally as you have done between 2:10 & 2:21?

I agree with GenErik, you really should find a studio quality acapella of John Legend - All of me, as this would improve the track so much more.

The only other thing for me that's not working is at 3:00 with the "Happy" chorus backing vocals, as it's making it sound OOK :1undecided: (I think this has been a problem for quite a few other mashups using these "Happy" chorus sections). Again, maybe change it with "All of me" or "Let it Go" choruses, or otherwise you could add another source? To fit with your theme, perhaps as a suggestion try Evanescence - Bring Me To Life? (reduce the tempo though!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-EYRDXUH58 from 0:42

So yeah this has a lot of potential if you can make some alterations.

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:36 am

Haha, thanks for the feedback GenEricand DJ Crossability. Definitely would try adding bring me to life to the mashup. Yeah I also felt theres not much change at 0:48 to 1:21, and your other suggestions especially about the All of Me Vocals.

You guys are great. :-) . Time to start on V2 :1grin:

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:38 am

Haha, thanks for the feedback GenEricand DJ Crossability. Definitely would try adding bring me to life to the mashup. Yeah I also felt theres not much change at 0:48 to 1:21, and your other suggestions especially about the All of Me Vocals.

You guys are great. :-) . Time to start on V2 :1grin:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>