pomDeter - Fix Steve McQueen (m83 vs coldplay)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

pomDeter - Fix Steve McQueen (m83 vs coldplay)

Post Mon May 12, 2014 7:35 am

Deleted it, here's the original thread.. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17287

Re: pomDeter - Fix Steve McQueen (m83 vs coldplay)

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 am

SoundCloud downloading needs to be enabled. :1tongue:
Former Deputy Commissioner, Mashstix Harmony Police
Facebook

1 star User

Post Mon May 12, 2014 10:00 am

Oops. Fixed it. :1embarassed:

Post Tue May 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi pomDeter

I thought I remembered hearing this one already, so searched and found this from Tesco Value Mashups!:

http://www.mashstix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17287

Both well produced though! :1grin:

1 star User

Post Tue May 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Hehe, I've been caught. There was a chance this might happen.

I'll level with you, I'm Tesco Value Mashups and this track sank like a stone the first time round even tho there's nothing really wrong with it. It is a horrible bland combination if I'm honest tho :D

Anyway, I thought it a good opportunity to see if being an established producer had any effect on a tracks popularity. I suspect it does and happens everywhere, not just mashstix, some tracks just don't get attention for no particular reason(or none that anyone is willing to share).

The other track had 59 views in 2 months and this one had 53 in a couple days, that's telling. I can't really go by plays on soundcloud 'cos I've an audience there. So the experiment's failed and the results are inconclusive.

So, sorry for the deception. Just trying to prove some sort of point and to encourage people to check out the little guys and get their noses out of Schmolli's ass :1tongue:

1 star User

Post Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 pm

It's true, I is he and he is me.

Post Tue May 13, 2014 4:52 pm

It was bound to happen sooner or later... Guess I'm going to have to retire my Waitrose alias now too :1laugh:
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Tue May 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Who's retiring? I've got loads of dull uninspired pop on pop mashups in me yet. :1grin:

Post Tue May 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Haha, nice one! :1laugh:

I thought they both sounded identical, but being more of a "newbie" didn't put that in my previous message in case there were differences! :1tongue:

Very interesting experiment though and sort of ties in with my next thought in that when I did find where I'd originally heard it on here (the Tesco one), I was surprised to see that nobody had commented on it - I would have done, but don't normally like to be the first to respond in case my technical thoughts are wrong i.e. key etc and so I doubt my instincts. :1undecided:

I guess the more established producers do get more views and comments but maybe it's more to do with people thinking they can rely on their submitted mashups to be of a high standard and sort of know what they're getting in terms of quality, instead of taking a chance on the lesser known ones in case they think they're going to be wasting their time - but I suppose you will get some that just follow the crowd and go along with it just because it's already popular!

For me personally I honestly generally tend to be drawn to a submitted mashup from what it says the sources/artists used are in the title, that would interest me, rather than who it's by.

I appreciate your campaign as such, at trying to encourage members to broaden their searching on here! :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Tue May 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Yeah I agree completely, the established guys got there by putting the time and effort in and deserve every play they get. As long as they don't get complacent and ride their name.

It's just the guys that fall through the cracks that need the encouragement. I know it's discouraged on here to just leave a "nice, thanks" comment but that can make all the difference to someone wondering if they should keep at it.

And ever the hypocrite, I don't comment nearly enough myself. This experiment was probably my guilty conscience acting up. :1laugh:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>