[FP]DJ Axcess -Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel v Hinder)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bad Wimpfen, Southern Germany

[FP]DJ Axcess -Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel v Hinder)

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Image

phpBB [media]


Name: DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel vs. Hinder)

Source 1: Johann Pachelbel - Canon in D (Original Orchestral)
Source 2: Hinder - Lips of an angel (Acapella)

Info:
Since "Plain White T's" was too monotone to fit on that vocals,
I wanted to add something with more "structure" and wanted something
with nice string sounds on it. I thought about playing own string sounds
to it, but since "Lips of an angel" was keyed in D, this was just too obvious
to try. @Shahar: I hope this is what you wanted to hear from this.

No Flash Installed


Direct download
Soundcloud-Link
Last edited by DJAxcess on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel vs. Hinder)

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Wow, this is beautiful :1cheesy:
The vocals are quite narrow but I think this works to it's advantage and overall they sound very emotional with that sweet orchestral instrumental :1grin:

Hard to listen in-depth for technicalities because it's just blowing me away by how powerful/emotional it sounds, so on that alone I rate this officially awesome :1wink:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bad Wimpfen, Southern Germany

Re: DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel vs. Hinder)

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:46 am

DJ Firth wrote:Wow, this is beautiful :1cheesy:
The vocals are quite narrow but I think this works to it's advantage and overall they sound very emotional with that sweet orchestral instrumental :1grin:

Hard to listen in-depth for technicalities because it's just blowing me away by how powerful/emotional it sounds, so on that alone I rate this officially awesome :1wink:

Nice to see you like this one, especially because I know, usually you are examining a mash pretty well and always find tips to make it better.

But I found something myself here I wanted to change about it. ;)

The first chorus wasn't in time and started too late. You didn't hear it too much because it was still in time and in key,
but I moved it a bit to the front so it starts before 1:10 now and instead used a repeating "with the lips of an angel..."
at the end to make it fit the next verse again.

Preview player and download updated.

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 pm
Location: Düsseldorf Germany

Re: DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel vs. Hinder)

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 am

I do not know the Hinder song? But I know and I love "Canon in D"!
A very beautiful and highly emotional compilation!
Personally I find this is the best so far from you!
Very well done Ax! :1smiley:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bad Wimpfen, Southern Germany

Re: DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel vs. Hinder)

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:08 am

ThEhOmOgEnIcChAoS wrote:I do not know the Hinder song? But I know and I love "Canon in D"!
A very beautiful and highly emotional compilation!
Personally I find this is the best so far from you!
Very well done Ax! :1smiley:

Thanks for the kind words,mate :1kiss:

Here's the original Hinder song,
in case you want to listen.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Brum, UK

Re: DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel vs. Hinder)

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Woah Chris! WOAH

This is spot on mate - precisely the style of mash I enjoy the most! I know the Hinder song, though I've never heard it in this context, and with the beautiful work of Pachelbel behind it, it sounds fantastic.

It would be an automatic recommend from me, but just one thing's holding me back at the moment - on the "Lips of an Angel" line where you've layed the 'angel' on repeat giving an echo effect, the repeated angels are just slightly behind the beat. Not by much, but enough that I noticed. Should take you all of 5 seconds to bring those forwards a nudge though :1smiley:
CLT / FB / SCD / DJ for your Soul

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bad Wimpfen, Southern Germany

Re: DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel vs. Hinder)

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Colatron wrote:Woah Chris! WOAH

This is spot on mate - precisely the style of mash I enjoy the most! I know the Hinder song, though I've never heard it in this context, and with the beautiful work of Pachelbel behind it, it sounds fantastic.

It would be an automatic recommend from me, but just one thing's holding me back at the moment - on the "Lips of an Angel" line where you've layed the 'angel' on repeat giving an echo effect, the repeated angels are just slightly behind the beat. Not by much, but enough that I noticed. Should take you all of 5 seconds to bring those forwards a nudge though :1smiley:


Thanks Andy for liking it. This is still giving goosebumps to myself when listening to it.

I hope you're talking about that echo effect between 1:35 and 1:55
That echo came from the original 'pella and I didn't cut that part before,
but I cut it now and moved the echo'ing parts a slight bit forward.
Took me 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds, because I had to export the
file and run it through mastering again, sorry for the 5 minute delay. :)

That said, main file updated, soundcloud updating the moment I write this. :)

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Brum, UK

Re: (!)DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel v Hinder)

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:11 pm

That's the one mate - much tighter. It's a recommend from me!

Image

You're on a roll!
CLT / FB / SCD / DJ for your Soul

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bad Wimpfen, Southern Germany

Re: (!)DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel v Hinder)

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Colatron wrote:That's the one mate - much tighter. It's a recommend from me!

Thanks for that, mate. :1shocked: I can't believe what's happening here these days.
I love this community and all the improvement tips I get here.

Colatron wrote:You're on a roll!

Not "on a roll", but "in love" and inspired again. :1tongue:

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: (!)DJ Axcess - Canon of an Angel (Johann Pachelbel v Hinder)

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:41 pm

This is clearly the winner of the week / maybe month for me!
A mashie experience!
Such an impressive conception and so well executed by a very productive and very promising new member!
So Christian, you already know that you've nailed it! :1cool:
It was just a matter of time and some plus effort till you get...here!
Mate, you're a hard working producer, and you've just started thinking outside the box,
which means that great things are expected from you :1wink:
TOP track! Just TOP!
Image

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CVS and 43 guests