[FP] lizzart - Wide Awake Hanenkam K.Perry vs KvK

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP] lizzart - Wide Awake Hanenkam K.Perry vs KvK

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:24 am

phpBB [media]

No Flash Installed

Download

Mashed by: Lizzart
Track: Wide Awake Hanenkam
Sources: Katy Perry and Kinderen voor Kinderen

Mashed Katy Perry 'Wide Awake' vs Kinderen voor Kinderen (famous dutch kidsgroup) 'Hanenkam' to give Katy Perry's track that catchy POP/HighSchool sound that made her famous in the first place. Also did a video along with it just synced the original clip. (all right to the rightful owners of the used material - not for commercial purposes)

Re: lizzart - Wide Awake Hanenkam K.Perry vs KvK

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:02 am

it's really not my cuppa but i have to admit that it's a very good job you did !

RECOMMEND

Re: (!) lizzart - Wide Awake Hanenkam K.Perry vs KvK

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:05 am

Lizzart, this is going to sound like The Biggest Nitpick In The History Of Mashstix™, but...

The inconsistency in the positioning of the acapella's verses is really getting to me. It's obviously off in verse 1, which admittedly isn't the biggest deal per se. However, it's back on track in verse 2 and I think that sounds much better. In short, I'd like verse 1 to sound more like verse 2 before I Frontpage this.

(Now, maybe another mod will Frontpage this as is; everything else about this mashup is slick. I can't get past that inconsistency, though.)
Former Deputy Commissioner, Mashstix Harmony Police
Facebook

2 Star User

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:21 pm

I don't think Sherlock is being picky, I also can hear the first verse is a little bit off, the track is nice tho, and you never cease to amaze me with your creativity, Lizzart, that's just a little detail that kinda annoys me, but for some reason I feel like you did it in purpose, i don't know, anyway good job on the track, Steffen!, I specially like the part from 2:20 until around 2:45

btw you're my favorite Reptile! :1grin: :1laugh:
ImageImageImageImage

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:41 am

Sherlock, so sorry for the late response i was too busy, hey man, no way you are a nitpick, you don't know how glad i am you told me the consistency is off in the first part. :1smiley: I am a musician (play guitar) and i mash like that too i mean when it sounds logic to me then i guess it's ok...but with the Katy Perry track i never listened that well to the official track so i had no idea what the timing should be. First impression honestly when i read your comment was, what's he saying? But there was a part of me that knew something wasn't right while mashing this one but i couldn't get my hands on it. So i copied the second verse part and slides it on a new layer and BAM you get what's wrong. so i did the intro completely different and i'm happy

SOOOooooo....heres the correct and updated version of 'Wide Awake Hanenkam' too bad it's spreaded over the internet already in the wrong version and i'm getting such positive reaction on the mash while nobody noticed it, but YOU were right :1laugh: (i'll go slap myself in the face and feel ashamed for not noticing myself :1embarassed: :1grin: )
Thanks so much again!!

https://soundcloud.com/lizzart/v2wideaw ... y/download

No Flash Installed

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:44 am

Haha and thanks Rodrigo :1laugh: yeah the part from 2.20 was the hardest but it turned out very well there. Thanks mate!

2 Star User

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:09 am

I'm with Sherlock's first analysis, and indeed I have already picked up on a similar issue on another track this morning. So, Lizzy, I have a question for you...

Which version do you want me to Frontpage? :1grin:

(Consider the graphic below to be an honorary frontpage until you get back to me)

* Note to other mods - if Lizzy replies to this and you see I haven't frontpaged it yet, do me favour and don't keep this off the frontpage any longer than necessary - thanks!

Re: (!+!) lizzart - Wide Awake Hanenkam K.Perry vs KvK

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:43 am

Haha the new version please :1laugh: that is the V2 track https://soundcloud.com/lizzart/v2wideaw ... katy-perry thanks to Sherlock's great advice :1wink: the new version is the correct one. Thanks SpareElbowSkin for front-paging

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:52 am

definitive decision, i updated the track at Hearthis.at too so the first version is also overwritten to the new one :1grin: (now i only need to change the videoclip too :1wink: )

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:44 am

lizzart wrote:SOOOooooo....heres the correct and updated version of 'Wide Awake Hanenkam' too bad it's spreaded over the internet already in the wrong version and i'm getting such positive reaction on the mash while nobody noticed it, but YOU were right :1laugh:

That's what I'm here for. :1smiley:

Now that you've fixed that inconsistency, this one's going straight to the FRONTPAGE where it belongs.

Former Deputy Commissioner, Mashstix Harmony Police
Facebook

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>