[FRONTPAGED] Hulk Mash - Airplanes and Ink (BoB Linkin Oasis

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FRONTPAGED] Hulk Mash - Airplanes and Ink (BoB Linkin Oasis

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 am

phpBB [media]

Editor: Hulk Mash

Instrumental:
Airplanes - B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams

Acapellas:
Numb - Linkin Park
Wonderwall - Oasis
Russian Roulette - Rihanna

This one is basically a trailer/music video for Ink, an absolutely incredible indie by Double Edge Films. Please give it a watch/listen, I tried something a little different for this one and built the mashup to fit the video, rather than the other way around. I'm curious if you think it worked...
Available for download at http://fairtilizer.com/tracks/123700/download

No Flash Installed

EDIT: Aaaand after 4,000+ views, Warner Music Group has found and removed the video from youtube :-/ Oh hi Vimeo!

My other mashup videos are viewable at http://www.youtube.com/user/bevandera
My other mashup tracks are downloadable at http://fairtilizer.com/users/bevander
My facebook artist page (where I announce new mashups) is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hulk-Mash/353988772698
Last edited by bevander on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Airplanes and Ink (B.o.B. vs. Linkin Park, Oasis, Rihanna)

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:51 am

As I'm sure Dylan has said before there is a section devoted entirely to videos and this isn't it!
This is purely an audio section so if you have an mp3 feel free to place it in this section and myself or another Mod will be happy to review it.
anything with BoB and Linkin Park is gonna get a listen from me but Im not gonna take the time with this because I know that the sound quality will affect my judgement..sorry

I would move this to the right section but not quite sure how, so could someone move this for bevander, thanks
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Whoops, sorry about that, completely forgot to post an MP3 link. Part of the problem with posting in the wee hours of the morning :-/ MP3 link added. Hope you dig it, Lloyd.

All Star User

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Nice work !

I played around with Numb on this one, but never got round to finishing it. Great to see you have, and it goes well.

Just one thing, Rihanna is placed wrong. Did you do it on purpose (as it works) ?

Other than that its a Frontpage worthy track in my opinion. Very well done, if you reproduce this kind of thing in the Face Off I can see you getting in the final.

Oh and give us some more info on this Ink Project, Im sure the reviewer will want to check it out.

1 star User

Re: (!)Airplanes and Ink (B.o.B. vs. Linkin Park, Oasis, Rihanna

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:53 pm

It's very good indeed :D

Re: (!)Hulk Mash - Airplanes and Ink (BoB Linkin Oasis Rihanna)

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Damn!! wish i'd listened to this one now...it's really good

I would have frontpaged this but looks like everyone else got here first.

One last thing, download link please, me like me want!!
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Okay, I don't know B.O.B. (unless it's the old Ska band, which I'm assuming it's not) nor Rhianna, but I love Paramore, Oasis, and LP. This was an amazing track! Is there a download link for this somewhere?

Also, the music video was really cool.

1 star User

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Download link added, sorry bout that, and thanks everyone.

Ink is a 2009 independent film with a budget of only $250,000. You can see from the music video they did some incredible stuff with a limited budget...less than 1/1000th of Spider-Man 3's, for instance. It really restored my faith in independent film and is just amazing. Highly recommended, and you can watch it for free on Hulu, I believe (I watched on Netflix).

Russian Roulette's placement was a consequence of building to mashup to fit the footage...it was a risk, but I'm glad it worked :)

All Star User

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 am

Really great work! Love the video and the music goes awesome with the visuals. This is really inspiring mashing to me! Double snaps!!

Also, you might want to add a link to your site or blog on your original post just for convenience in case people want to check it out :)

1 star User

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:42 am

Thanks Bruski, that means a lot to me. I added links to all my stuff in my signature :D

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>