T.I. vs. Falco - Big Things Poppin' (Do It Like Amadeus)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Post Wed May 19, 2010 7:38 pm

DJ Bonez McCoy

This mash uses the acapella for T.I.'s "Big Shit Poppin' (Do It)" (a.k.a. "Big Things Poppin") and the backing track is comprised of elements from the Salieri mix of Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus".. Below is a video I made for it as well. Hope you like!

Preview:

No Flash Installed

Download mp3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?djymuimykvm

Video Mashup:

phpBB [media]

http://www.bonezmccoy.com

3 Star User

Re: T.I. vs. Falco - Big Things Poppin' (Do It Like Amadeus)

Post Thu May 20, 2010 4:55 am

i almost wanna like this, but i dont. . . :?:

1 star User

Post Thu May 20, 2010 10:24 am

Any feedback on how I could make it better then? If you don't like it, why do you "almost" wanna like it?

1 star User

Post Thu May 20, 2010 11:04 am

I liked it!

Very special!

All Star User

Post Thu May 20, 2010 12:07 pm

I saw how much you had commented around the forum and thought you deserved a comment yourself.

I do like this (I'm normally very critical of hip hop mashups). I always say people should try a different take on them, they are soooooooo many people just adding a rap acapella over a different hip hop track and calling it a mashup.

I'm very happy to see you've opted for something different here. TI's vocals work with the flow of the Falco classic to provide one of those 'I wasnt expecting that' moments.

It does get a little busy when you have the falco vocals going at the same time as TI, but I presume you like that.

Good first posting, welcome to Mashstix.

PS: - The video is also good !

1 star User

Post Thu May 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Not much of a fan of the original TI track, or the other one to be honest, but I liked this quite abit and the videos jus as good. I especially liked 2:25-2:45 with the violin and whatnot. Good job man.

1 star User

Post Thu May 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Dylan-- thanks a lot for the feedback. Very helpful! I can see from a lot of your other posts that hip-hop mashups aren't your cup of tea unless they're done right, and I totally agree that so many of them are just pellas over instros, which can get a bit boring. However, I do think that there is a certain art that goes into that selection, even if the person doing the mash isn't going totally out of their way to use fx and other outside elements to really make it unique and different. I tend to like a lot of that stuff anyway, even when the technical skill isn't there.

I agree that some of the vocals kind of crash into each other at times, and unfortunately most of that happens during the intro and the first verse when you're trying to hold someone's attention. Since I didn't use an instro for the backing track, some of that just has to be there to achieve the proper build-up effect I was going for. Any ideas on how I might be able to tone down those vocals without affecting the instrumentation?

Thanks again!

3 Star User

Post Thu May 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi!
This good old hit of falco takes a new life with your mashup. well built and good video. not bad at all, that you reserved for us after? ;)

Post Thu May 20, 2010 2:01 pm

It's life Jim but not as we know it..not as we know it...not as we know it..

Hi and welcome Bonez

I like this..dont even mind the overlaid vocals at the start...reminds me of Tech N9ne's track 'im a playa' though I think yours is better, that was crap!

If you wanna get rid of the overlay, maybe try a different mix of the falco track, there is an 8min long version out there (Salieri mix) :lol: ..sorry that's sad that i know that..falco fan, what can i say...

I believe (don't quote me) that it was what Schmolli used for his 'Tour de Force'
phpBB [media]

I have to say now that yours isn't in the same league yet as this masterpiece but I like it...

..Damn it man, Im a doctor not an 18th century composer... :lol: (and that will be my last Dr McCoy reference.)
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Thu May 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Okay, so maybe I've been under a rock, but I had never heard that Schmolli track before and it's pretty damn amazing. And yes, it is better than mine... especially as far as how many different layers there are to it, and his video is better as well (though I didn't spend a lot of time on that). I used the exact same version of the Salieri Mix as he did (it's the 8 minute one you referred to), and I think I listened to every possible version of the song before I attempted anything at all. I guess the one thing I would say as far as mine vs. Schmolli's is that my use of the string sections is a lot more pronounced and dramatic, which I like quite a bit if I do say so myself. Anyway, glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by bonezmccoy on Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>