David Bowie Space Oddity Vs. Florence + The Machine Howl

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

David Bowie Space Oddity Vs. Florence + The Machine Howl

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:31 am

If there is anything wrong with this then critique it and I will fix it to the best of my ability. Nothing much to say about this one I was just listening to the instrumental and the vocal just sort of fell into place.

-JH

Sources Used: David Bowie Space Oddity Lead Vocal
Florence + The Machine Howl Official Instrumental

1ST VERSION

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Re: David Bowie Space Oddity Vs. Florence + The Machine Howl

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 am

Hey Jholsta,

I'm afraid the acapella is out of tune... From what I could find out Space Oddity is in "C" and the F&M is "Dm" so pitching either up or down won't unfortunately solve anything as you'll still have a major/minor problem...

So to me it looks like it's going to be very tricky to blend these 2 together, and maybe you might be better off keeping both in the session and find alternative "partners" for each - that's what I usually do when I get stuck.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend you look at the tutorial that OneLove created about keys and pitching, it's well written and will defo help to make sure you always get it right.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6700

Hope that helps ;)

1 star User

Re: David Bowie Space Oddity Vs. Florence + The Machine Howl

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:31 am

down won't unfortunately solve anything as you'll still have a major/minor problem...
gclub royal

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>