DJ Firth: Eye of the Power (Survivor vs Kanye West)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

DJ Firth: Eye of the Power (Survivor vs Kanye West)

Post Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Survivor vs Kanye West - Eye of the Power (DJ Firth Mashup)

My entry from last month's monthly challenge, thought I'd share here and seek some feedback on it :1smiley:

Artwork coming soon

Sources:
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (Instrumental)
Kanye West - Power (acapella)

Player:

No Flash Installed

DL:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vetk5duxhv7t2 ... 9.mp3?dl=0

Re: DJ Firth: Eye of the Power (Survivor vs Kanye West)

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 am

Firth, it's working technically, I'm not sure if a rapper can hold such track from start to end :1undecided:

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:02 pm

I think I'm liking this more than SMASH. The energy pairing is top-notch. This is one of those rap mashups that doesn't leave one feeling like, "Oh, he just slapped a rap on top of that 'mental." The timing is crisp, and the music feeds the message. However, I have to agree with SMASH that there may be too much rapping in this song. Perhaps if you had a third source 'pella for the choruses (or even used the Survivor chorus) it would break up the repetition enough to make this great. It's definitely well-produced, as one would expect from you.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Post Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:34 am

Ya agree with both Smash and Satis5d that if you add in the chorus for Eye of the Tiger, then it will be an extremely awesome mashup. I will totally listen to this mashup while I workout!!! Excellent work man!!!
Brewing up some of your favorite morning mixes.

Post Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:04 pm

DJ J-Brew wrote:Ya agree with both Smash and Satis5d that if you add in the chorus for Eye of the Tiger, then it will be an extremely awesome mashup. I will totally listen to this mashup while I workout!!! Excellent work man!!!
Yup. The vocal pairing is excellent. The mash just needs something extra to carry Kanye that way he's always has a strong entrance during the verse.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:13 am

satis5d wrote:It's definitely well-produced, as one would expect from you.

Thanks guys, and thanks for the compliment Satis5d :1grin:

Only problem is it requires adapting the instrumental to fit and I've almost lost energy for this particular mash :1undecided: anyone here use Ableton Live and wanna collab with it to add in more or original vocals to get this up to FP quality? :1smiley:

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 pm

DJ Firth wrote:anyone here use Ableton Live and wanna collab with it to add in more or original vocals to get this up to FP quality? :1smiley:

I can try :1wink: Share the sources/project and I'll see what I can do :1rolleyes:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>