NEW Version Of stix up

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
1 star User

Re: NEW Version Of stix up

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:14 am

Paul Stix wrote:
wamprat wrote:Hi Paul,

I love mashstix, its my go to music source. I love being able to add the entire frontpage (and then sub pages to the playlist). However.... :1smiley:

I can't seem to get that functionality (add entire page) working on the chart pages. At the moment I have to add them individually, am I doing something wrong, should the add all button work on these pages?

Also
I used to like the "play everything on mashstix" playlist on the old site, do we have that available on the new site? Am I able to create this as one of the new playlists?

Again, love mashstix, the site is awesome. :1grin:

Cheers
Allan

Hi Allan,
Thank you for the kind words about the site... always nice to hear stuff like that.
I've fixed the add whole page to playlist button on the charts...

You can find the old "non-stop player of the entire site" over at
http://www.mashstix.com/Party/PartyRadio.php
but I can't guarantee that everything in it still works as I was learning js at the time and that was my first fugly attemp at playlists.

That feature will come back in some way or another... once I have a think on it.
Thanks for the feedback
- Paul Stix

Ahhhh, mashup heaven... :o) Many Thanks Paul, a right time saver... :1grin:

While I am at it, a quick and heartfelt thanks to all the mashup creators here, love all your work please keep at it.

1 star User

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:08 am

@Paul Stix great work with this site. Love to help with development side of stuff, let me know.

1 star User

Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Wow! It's been a while (work/life gets in the way sometimes), and the new site looks absolutely amazing! Seriously, great job - everything on it looks clean and works smoothly.

The two things I immediately noticed that I wanted and didn't have were links and social sharing. There's no link from a playlist or from the mashup charts to the big/small tiles - I can't dig in from the song I'm listening to in a playlist, and look at the producer's other work. And, there's no Facebook/Twitter sharing on any page as far as I can see - might be deliberate if you're trying to stay under the radar, of course, but it's something I'd really want!

Also, with a copy-paste share of a track on Facebook, Facebook flagged info in the comments (dropbox links) as potentially dangerous. I don't think there's any way around that, though.

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:37 am

Go2 wrote:Wow! It's been a while (work/life gets in the way sometimes), and the new site looks absolutely amazing! Seriously, great job - everything on it looks clean and works smoothly.

The two things I immediately noticed that I wanted and didn't have were links and social sharing. There's no link from a playlist or from the mashup charts to the big/small tiles - I can't dig in from the song I'm listening to in a playlist, and look at the producer's other work. And, there's no Facebook/Twitter sharing on any page as far as I can see - might be deliberate if you're trying to stay under the radar, of course, but it's something I'd really want!

Also, with a copy-paste share of a track on Facebook, Facebook flagged info in the comments (dropbox links) as potentially dangerous. I don't think there's any way around that, though.

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback... I've implemented the first of your ideas... playlists, charts and saved playlists all have links to dj profile.. The share thing I'll look into soonish.

- Paul Stix

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:09 pm

10/03

Scrapped the old search and built a new search function for the frontpage..

should Autocomplete and highlight what you typed. Remember, some old track (from yeeeears ago) have missing mp3s so they might not play.

As always, please let me know any bugs or messups that you might find.. thanks!

- Paul Stix

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi Paul, thought I'd add some things I've noticed recently:

Frontpaged mashups - Can the font size perhaps be reduced within the tile area to fit longer character named title tracks and sources so that it includes it in full rather than either being cut off at the end, or having to rename it so that it does fit i.e. 'artist A vs. 4 sources' - as some people may be more inclined to click to play/download if they know who all the individual sources are etc.

No Volume control button within the playlist panel on the main site page - either at the top next to the other options, or next to each individual track in the list to adjust accordingly.

Mashup Charts section - formula weight score seems a bit flawed as comments are worth x75 compared to only x1 for play and x3 for download - this is due to a lot of the submitted comments being replies from the producer/Original Poster themselves which unintentionally bumps up their score when they post back, such as their thank you's to previous comments, informing of new versions being uploaded etc. Plus, for the frontpaged mashstix monthly challenge winner, all posted tracks are included in the total comments number tally as well.

Mashup Charts section - user cannot select to view and open the comments overlay, next to each mashup in the chart. Can only be done by having to select the producer's name then finding it from the tile list on their page.

Also, just thought I'd mention in case re. the mashup charts section that it doesn't seem to have been updated for '2015 - Q4', and 'Recent' to change to Jan - Mar 2016 mashups. I'm sure you already know this and just haven't had any time to update it yet!

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:55 pm

This reminded me that during my three weeks without a computer, I spent most of my time on Mashstix via mobile, and I noticed that the Front Page player doesn't seem to work on mobile. Every track shows up with a length of 0:01 and plays no audio. Also, if I recall, the menus seemed incomplete and weren't working either, and I couldn't figure out a way to override and just browse the desktop version. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention.

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:36 pm

MashGyver,

The mobile problems you're experiencing are not similar to my experience. I rely heavily on my Android cell phone to keep up with Mashstix when I'm away from home and it works VERY well for me as it is using the mobile version (which does not allow me to make comments.)
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:11 pm

satis5d wrote:The mobile problems you're experiencing are not similar to my experience.
Okay, maybe it's just my phone. It's darn near 4 years old at this point, so I'm sure I'm running a fairly old OS. The only thing I have been able to do is make comments, as I'm able to browse the forums in desktop mode.

Previous

Return to Stix chat