Milkman (Revelry) vs. LMFAO (Shots) - The Zurg Rush

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Milkman (Revelry) vs. LMFAO (Shots) - The Zurg Rush

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 am

This is my first post. New mashup I released, check it out!
It starts off kinda slow but it's a banger once it gets going.

http://soundcloud.com/the-zurg-rush/s-p-r-e-e

No Flash Installed

Thanks! :D

3 Star User

Re: Milkman (Revelry) vs. LMFAO (Shots) - The Zurg Rush

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 am

Hey, Welcome to Mashstix ! Not bad for a first post.
For me LMFAO track volume must be a little bit louder, to be at same level with Milkman one.
For the rest, nice track to my ears ;-)
We WERE a family ...

Website | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter |

1 star User

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for editing. And just for the record, I know some parts are absolutely painful. Like the first 30-45 seconds and somewhat the breakdown. It's awful. I was blown away when the chorus came around though so I wanted to get it out ASAP. I kind of consider it an "extended mix" I guess. Thanks again though! I appreciate all feedback!

All Star User

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:56 pm

The Zurg Rush wrote:Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for editing. And just for the record, I know some parts are absolutely painful. Like the first 30-45 seconds and somewhat the breakdown. It's awful. I was blown away when the chorus came around though so I wanted to get it out ASAP. I kind of consider it an "extended mix" I guess. Thanks again though! I appreciate all feedback!

you have just pointed out mistake number one when making music the first 30 seconds are the most important, so if you think the first 30 -45 secs are awful how do you expect others to like it. all an A&R man will give any new track they hear it is 30 seconds then it gets zapped if its crap, same goes for peeps listening to a mashup.

if when listening to your own mix's you find yourself looking forward to a certain part of the track because you think it rocks then the other bits must be below par or in other words your track aint working. a piece of music, normal music or mashup should be a complete whole and not "its got a great chorus but the rest sucks"

1 star User

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Tough crowd... but point taken. I just wanted to release it now because I know it'll be a while before my next mixtape. I actually had to make a new project and remake it by itself because I didn't originally (aka it already has a different beginning and end that didn't/don't suck) but I like making whole mixtapes rather than individual songs. I just thought this specific mashup was sweet so I wanted to get it out now. Like I said I'm only thinking of it as an "extended mix" of the individual mashup.

I do see what you're saying with the beginning being the most important part and I agree completely. While I do like it, I wasn't trying to say "it's the best song ever! everyone listen!". And I'm not really trying to get noticed by this track. I was just trying to put something out for people to enjoy. If they have the patience to listen through the 30 seconds of crap in the beginning and happen to like it when it actually gets going, then I think I did my job. It's a hobby, and I have fun. Keep an eye out for when I do (hopefully) release my next mixtape. I hope you enjoy that version of this better.

And thank you for the feedback.

2 Star User

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Will the first 30-45 seconds of the mixtape be "painful" as well?
Maybe longer because it's a whole mixtape? :)

email me when it drops.

- Rhythm Scholar

All Star User

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi welcome to mashstix. I would recommend lowering the volume of the the pella in the first 30 seconds to 1 minute and match the crescendo of the mental as it builds as I think that would help it sounds smoother in the beginning. cheers!

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Zurg Rush, and welcome to Mashstix.

I think Bruski has the salient production points covered there, but both Boris and RS make a highly valid point too so I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand (not that you did, but I think it's worth re-iterating). Personally, if theres a part in a track of mine that I don't like, whether it be the all crucial 30 seconds, or even the less important final 30 seconds, I won't release it. Or at least not until I've tried everything I can to iron that section out.

It's all too easy to rush a track out due to excitement over a combo, and we've all done it along the way, but I come to learn that sometimes it's good to hold back instead of tripping over your toes... look at alternative options to the parts that you know don't work... Don't throw something out just for the sake of throwing it out. A track has to work as a whole, standalone or part of a mixtape.

Still, whilst this isn't my cup of tea musically it's a nice first post, and I can see some talent in there so keep it up (I'm sure the campus kids will go mad for this!). And I like the fact that you state it's your hobby and you are having fun... that's the main point for this wonderful world of Mashup anyway IMHO. So keep having fun and keep entertaining folk... just slow down :lol:

Cheers
A
CLT / FB / SCD / DJ for your Soul

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>