squar3 - I Wanna Jump Around (Color Me Badd v House of Pain)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

2 Star User

Re: squar3 - I Wanna Jump Around (Color Me Badd v House of P

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:08 am

Very enjoyable.

Artistic remarks
For me, it would be more chilled if you took out a few of the jump jump jump's (maybe leave 1 and delete 2+3+4).
It sounds like repeat edits at the start, it adds excitement and contrast to the chilled rest.
Love the extra samples, you fitted in even Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Maybe Betty Wright - tonight's the night (live) has some extra sanples, as the original source ? She maybe can be the mom in: 'my mom an my pops'.

Technical
Your fade out is vey long, making it maybe 20 seconds longer without hearing 'anything'. Maybe you have a sanple at the very end, so your project seems so long to your DAW.

1 star User

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:38 pm

So remove some of the chorus jumps? I did double it cuz I thought it made the chorus thicker.

And the pertinent samples? I was thinking about adding more at the right times for sure.

Thank you CVS, holla at Rite Aid f'me

Much love!!

2 Star User

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:52 pm

The pertinent samples are great, adding more would be greater, but could loose the chillout feeling if they are too often or too surprising.
Maybe on the chorus jumps, a delay could work instead of just repeating them ? That would mean a lower volume per repeat.
For me, it has to do with the jump part that always gets the whole place 'jumping'. Thar is a grear goal for a mashup.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>