Crazy City Prince Vs. GNR

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Re: Crazy City Prince Vs. GNR

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:14 pm

SMASH wrote:Crazy idea :1cheesy:

The vocal sounds a bit muffled at times, and also, something happened to the mix balance from 3:05 till the end :1undecided:

It's muffled cause it's not the phonicmind acapella it's the crappy multitrack acapella but the PM Pella has artifacts so it might be better for me to move onto another project, Thanks for the critique SMASH.

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Did you make that Axl/Prince image mashup? That is awesome.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

2 Star User

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:37 pm

YITT wrote:Did you make that Axl/Prince image mashup? That is awesome.

Yep that's Prince from the For You era around 1978, And I believe the Axl photo was either 87 or 88, Desaturated both photos then got busy to editing both I always liked doing the face replace thing easier to do in black and white then it is with color photographs.

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 am

This one is definitely coming along...other than a few milliseconds-off timing issues, everything was perfect until about 1:55--that particular verse came in too loud, and then the same timing issue at the chorus...coming in a few beats late and then pushing the whole chorus out of sync...The word "let's" in the chorus should go right on the downbeat around 2:07-2:08 when the chorus drops.

Verse at 2:36 is fractions of a second early, then the chorus is late again just like the previous chorus.

Guitar at 3:0...I am still not convinced this a good idea.

The bridge at 3:33 somehow fell out of sync again (I remember it being perfect before) :1huh:

The song really ends too early now, and the fade is at the worst time--very anticlimactic to not finish the bridge. You still left out Prince's final "half-verse" and then the final chorus. It's smart to leave out the tempo change and everything at the end, but give us one more minute of closure or so.

On a positive note, there were no obvious cuts in the instrumental this time, so you've got most of that patched up.

Oh...and don't forget to disable your click track when rendering! :1tongue:

2 Star User

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:25 pm

MashGyver wrote:This one is definitely coming along...other than a few milliseconds-off timing issues, everything was perfect until about 1:55--that particular verse came in too loud, and then the same timing issue at the chorus...coming in a few beats late and then pushing the whole chorus out of sync...The word "let's" in the chorus should go right on the downbeat around 2:07-2:08 when the chorus drops.

Verse at 2:36 is fractions of a second early, then the chorus is late again just like the previous chorus.

Guitar at 3:0...I am still not convinced this a good idea.

The bridge at 3:33 somehow fell out of sync again (I remember it being perfect before) :1huh:

The song really ends too early now, and the fade is at the worst time--very anticlimactic to not finish the bridge. You still left out Prince's final "half-verse" and then the final chorus. It's smart to leave out the tempo change and everything at the end, but give us one more minute of closure or so.

On a positive note, there were no obvious cuts in the instrumental this time, so you've got most of that patched up.

Oh...and don't forget to disable your click track when rendering! :1tongue:

I will see what I can do with this but I am way too guilty of getting easily off task and moving on to another project , So it might go to V8 or 9 then I will pull the plug. Damn it I rarely forget to disable the click so that's embarassing haha.

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>