A whole collection for you to download.

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
1 star User

A whole collection for you to download.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi guys! For those who don't know, I've been relentlessly downloading mashups for more than 13 years now and I've collected around 5000 of the best mashup I could find.

Yesterday, while digging deep for old Beatles mashup for my podcast (Mashups, Relish, Moutarde) I came across GOODBLIMEY a blog from Matt Burris whos is asking 5$USD in exchange for his 2,748 mashups collection.

18 gigs of mashups of all sorts including impossible to find pioneer sounds from Party Ben, McSleazy, Dj Tripp, Pheugoo, Soundhog, CCC and many others.

I just wanted to share this info with you all... and if ever you're looking for a particular mashup, I might have it now!

:1cheesy: OMG I'M SO EXCITED! :1cheesy:

Check out -> http://goodblimey.com/tunes/
Nick Provost du podcast Mashups, Relish, Moutarde

All Star User

Re: A whole collection for you to download.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:32 am

is that still there! :1shocked:
got those over 12 years ago but it was free then and a lot of them are duplicated so you get a lot of them twice only instead of artist A vs B he changes the name so its B vs A but still the same mashup
he must have added some new ones cos all the one's i grabbed came to 1.8 gigs but still worth grabbing if you don't have some of the old classics :1cool:

EDIT
just had a look and its all the same one's i got years ago and its free if you download each one separately, which i think is how i did it and it's not 18 gigs more like 1.8 but still worth it and its not like we have much else to do these days so grabbing each individually could make a nice lockdown task :1laugh:
ps he's got a nice link to mashstix on the site so big ups :1grin:

1 star User

Post Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:00 am

A treasure chest! thanks for sharing

2 Star User

Post Sat May 02, 2020 7:59 am

Just went over there, 'treasure chest' is the right term.
Sorry to correct you Boris, but it is about eighteen gigabyte, as there are seven directories with mashups, the first one is about 1,8 gigabyte like you mentioned.

There ARE a number of doubles, by mistakes in filenames or artist names switched around in order like Boris pointed out. Also, some files seem to pop up in different directories.

The number at the end between brackets is NOT the bpm I had hoped.

On top of 1000's of mashups, there are a number of megamixes (sometimes per artist) and even some D.I.S.C.O.N.E.T. medleys.

It is a lot of work to down them all one by one, but worth it and I am locked up/down anyway, so I am startin' on directory seven right now haha.

Back to the old skool !!

1 star User

Post Sun May 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Back to the old skool indeed!

While listening and correctly renaming tracks, I discovered many more mashups here and there. I've been learning a lot everyday about artists, bands, samples and european or american original hits I never knew existed.

I'm still going through it now, but out of those 2700, I yet saved 498 mashups for a second more serious listening and classifying session. Still have 575 to go which mean that I might keep 23,4% of all of this... which would give something like 625 in total at that rate. :1grin:

Let me know how you doing so far!

@CVS To avoid going crazy, I came down to separate what appeared to be mixtapes or or long megamix in a different file first, then listening to every artist with only one featuring, then 2, then 3 and so on. It's less redondant then listening to it A to Z. From time to time, I pick an Eminem or Michael Jackson to avoid having to listening to the same acapella for 2 hours! :1smiley:

Like I said, I made a lot of research, so if you need help renaming a track or have doubt about who really did it, I might already put time on this. :1wink:

1 star User

Post Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:53 pm

I did it! I finally have been through it all!

I kept exactly 600 mashups out of those 2700 in a first listen.
Now it's time for 2nd listening and classification,

How are you doing so far?

Return to Stix chat