Love Runs Rollin' (One Republic vs. Bryan Duncan)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Love Runs Rollin' (One Republic vs. Bryan Duncan)

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:51 am

satis5d | Love Runs Rollin'
(One Republic vs. Bryan Duncan)

I've wanted to make this mashup for about 4 years. I even sent an appeal to Bryan Duncan's agent asking for the acapella for Holy Rollin'. (I got no response. :1cry: ) But now, with the magic of sites like melody.ml I am able to consider making some of these mashups that were previously unavailable. This song is a mashup of an old 80s Contemporary Christian hit with One Republic's awesome instrumental.

One Republic - Love Runs Out
Bryan Duncan - Holy Rollin'

No Flash Installed

Get the download HERE
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: Love Runs Rollin' (One Republic vs. Bryan Duncan)

Post Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:50 am

First mashup I've listened to on here in awhile, now that fixed the "no flash enabled" issue.

The vocals sound very good for a melody.nl rip. I'm guessing you probably used a higher quality source file, and along with mastering (and a little luck), any residual artifacts from other instruments is gone.

The mashup works well and sounds good (kind of sounds like a later Beatles song). No composition mistakes or notes off, and it's well balanced.

Now back to vocals, again, they sound pretty clean throughout for a DIY, save a bit of a rough spot @ 1:22. But what I'm noticing is they sound a but mid-heavy, almost as if you ran them through Ableton's compressor plugin (which you might have done to help clean them up more). It doesn't sound that bad, but that mixed with them being just a bit quiet makes it sound like vocals are behind the instrumental instead of with it.

Maybe you can take a tiny bit of mid out and a little treble, hopefully not adversely affecting sound quality.

Not that big an issue, but this place is notably strict on managing DIY vocals.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Re: Love Runs Rollin' (One Republic vs. Bryan Duncan)

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks YITT. I will post a version 2 here soon.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>