(FP) DJ Dumpz - Coco Eastwood (Gorillaz vs Mr President)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

(FP) DJ Dumpz - Coco Eastwood (Gorillaz vs Mr President)

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:08 pm

DJ Dumpz

Coco Eastwood

Here's a little throwback into the 90s and the summer... :1grin:

What do you think? Looking forward to your feedback on this one!

phpBB [media]

SOURCES:
- Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
https://youtu.be/1V_xRb0x9aw

- Mr. President - Coco Jambo
https://youtu.be/m_-Qtz70_z4

Listen v3.0:

No Flash Installed

Download v3.0:
Gorillaz vs Mr President - Coco Eastwood (DJ Dumpz Mashup)
Last edited by DJ Dumpz on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

2 Star User

Re: DJ Dumpz - Coco Eastwood (Gorillaz vs Mr President)

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Yeah I like it. Feel good all over. I love the 'put my feet back in the bag' wordplay in the last part. :1grin:

artistic
@0:08 you can insert a (girl) 'singing everybody' from the acapella of Coco, as an introduction to the Gorillaz. Maybe this fits elsewhere also for instance @2:10 and on.
The grunt about 0:30 could be used with some delay in the first 8 seconds. But I believe you already used it with delay on the outro ?
It is a bit fast for the relaxed feeling of Gorillaz, but I am used to hearing them over 'let me blow your mind' at 90 bpm, so I am spoiled haha.

3 Star User

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:38 pm

CVS wrote:Yeah I like it. Feel good all over. I love the 'put my feet back in the bag' wordplay in the last part. :1grin:

artistic
@0:08 you can insert a (girl) 'singing everybody' from the acapella of Coco, as an introduction to the Gorillaz. Maybe this fits elsewhere also for instance @2:10 and on.
The grunt about 0:30 could be used with some delay in the first 8 seconds. But I believe you already used it with delay on the outro ?
It is a bit fast for the relaxed feeling of Gorillaz, but I am used to hearing them over 'let me blow your mind' at 90 bpm, so I am spoiled haha.

Thanks for your good ideas! I've added the 'singing everybody' in the intro and the 2:10 part. Fits in really well. Also added 'Coco jambo' shouts to the outro. V2.0 is in the OP :1wink:

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:04 am

Really fun idea, Dumpz!

I love the added ad libs in V2 (CVS always has some good ideas!) and the panning and delays on them sound top notch!

The lyrical skip at 2:00 was pretty jarring, though. I don’t know if you have to shoehorn in an extra few bars of instrumental to make it work…

Fix that and I think you’re ready for the big time!

3 Star User

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:50 am

MashGyver wrote:Really fun idea, Dumpz!

I love the added ad libs in V2 (CVS always has some good ideas!) and the panning and delays on them sound top notch!

The lyrical skip at 2:00 was pretty jarring, though. I don’t know if you have to shoehorn in an extra few bars of instrumental to make it work…

Fix that and I think you’re ready for the big time!

Thanks for your feedback. Fixed it in V3. :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:54 am

I like what you did. The MG fix is better now, but the part right after feels a bit hurried (about 2:00 to 2:13) or fast.
Maybe you can stretch it, or cut between the words to get the whispered 'all in your head' around the 'break' in da 'mental' ? Both songs seem to have a 'wooshout' or something there.
Great work, tempo is fine for dancers.
Feet back in the bag even fits with Helloween theme today.

3 Star User

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:10 am

CVS wrote:I like what you did. The MG fix is better now, but the part right after feels a bit hurried (about 2:00 to 2:13) or fast.
Maybe you can stretch it, or cut between the words to get the whispered 'all in your head' around the 'break' in da 'mental' ? Both songs seem to have a 'wooshout' or something there.
Great work, tempo is fine for dancers.
Feet back in the bag even fits with Helloween theme today.

Hm...I don't know what exactly you mean with that. You want the whispered 'all in you head' to land in the break at 2:14? Imho stretching the vocals to reach that would sound weird and at at the same time the chorus vocals already start there so they would overlap... :1huh:

2 Star User

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Yeah you are right, don't stretch it too far. It is fine 'as is'. :1smiley:

3 Star User

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:09 pm

CVS wrote:Yeah you are right, don't stretch it too far. It is fine 'as is'. :1smiley:

I kept it like this and released V3 (added the YouTube video to the OP). Thanks for all your input! :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Weird combination, but it works very well.
Great pleasure to listen to it.

Thanks for sharing!!

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>