[FP] ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs P!atD)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs P!atD)

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:20 pm

ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs Panic! At the Disco)

Train - Drops of Jupiter (instrumental & acapella)
Panic! At the Disco - Death of a Bachelor (acapella)

v1.0

No Flash Installed

v1.0 Download

v1.1

No Flash Installed

v1.1 Download

v2

No Flash Installed

v2 Download

v3

No Flash Installed

v3 Download
Last edited by ZooKreeper on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs P!atD)

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:26 pm

The combo is good. :1cheesy:

The Panic! vocals don’t sound to be of the best quality to me…I don’t know if it’s the processing you’ve put it through or if it’s the track itself. It does seem like you could back off on their volume a bit--listen to the Train vocals within the track for a reference point. Also, the timing of the Panic! vocals seems to drag behind the beat a bit around 2:27-3:00.

As far as the structure goes, I am personally not a big fan of running through a whole Train verse before Death Of A Bachelor comes in…but that’s just one guy’s opinion. :1undecided: The backing vocals mashed with the Panic! lead vocals near the end was fantastic, though. I loved that.

Great cover art, too!

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:13 am

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll go back and play around with the structure some more and see if I like anything. I’ll check on Brendon’s vocals too :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:44 pm

MashGyver wrote:The combo is good. :1cheesy:

The Panic! vocals don’t sound to be of the best quality to me…I don’t know if it’s the processing you’ve put it through or if it’s the track itself. It does seem like you could back off on their volume a bit--listen to the Train vocals within the track for a reference point. Also, the timing of the Panic! vocals seems to drag behind the beat a bit around 2:27-3:00.

As far as the structure goes, I am personally not a big fan of running through a whole Train verse before Death Of A Bachelor comes in…but that’s just one guy’s opinion. :1undecided: The backing vocals mashed with the Panic! lead vocals near the end was fantastic, though. I loved that.

Great cover art, too!

Ok! So you're right, the P!atD vocals aren't the best quality. They were the best I was able to find between voclr and YT. **Edit: HCD was kind enough to point me in the direction of some better resources, so I’ll look into those and see if I can find a better vocal track**

Regarding the lagging, I think I hear what you're talking about but I think the issue is that Brendon keeps taking these exaggerated breaths between some of the phrases that make that bit lag, but then he makes up for it in later phrases so that it ends up syncing back up with the instrumental (at least that's what I'm hearing/seeing after replaying that section ad nauseum and combing through the waveform). I've tried so many different ways to fix that already, and I think I'm done at this point (with that part at least) :1undecided:

v1.1 is up which is just decreased volume on Brendon from v1

v2 is re-structured, also with lowered volume on Brendon.

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Good. I like it. The only thing I could recommend is added a echo on the last word for Panic before transitioning back into Train. It should sound like the Train echo a the end of each of their phrases for continuity. But that about it for me. Good job!

1 star User

Re: (!) ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs P!atD)

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Thanks HCD! I haven't tried an echo before, but v3 is up with your suggested edit. It's been such a long time since I revisited this that I played with the volume a bit more too.

Re: (!) ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs P!atD)

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:36 pm

This is a project that I can get behind. :1smiley:
No suggestions. I'm going to put it on the Front Page.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Re: [FP] ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs P!atD)

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:01 pm

Thanks satis5d!! Seems we have pretty similar taste :1grin:

Re: [FP] ZooKreeper - Drops of a Bachelor (Train vs P!atD)

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:09 pm

ZooKreeper wrote:Thanks satis5d!! Seems we have pretty similar taste :1grin:

I think you're right. :1tongue:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>