Mashstix Mash-Off #79 - Trick or treat? - CVS WINS!!!

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Please vote for your favorite two

Poll ended at Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:04 pm

A. Leave A Light For The Devil (Tom Walker vs. Blue Stahli)

No Flash Installed

17%
B. Danger! It's Shia LaBeouf! (Migos ft. Marshmello vs. Rob Cantor)

No Flash Installed

25%
C. Hard Times For Your Sex on Fire (Kings of Leon vs. Hard Times Riddim)

No Flash Installed

42%
D. Tomorrow's Gold Digger Today (Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx vs. Gorillaz vs. Link vs. Naughty By Nature)

No Flash Installed

17%

Total votes : 12

Mashstix Mash-Off #79 - Trick or treat? - CVS WINS!!!

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:30 am

Surprise :1grin:
As Halloween is just behind the corner (end of this month) and some of you might expect this, I'm going with your expectations :1tongue:

You probably aware of that Halloween ritual, children in costumes travel from house to house, asking for treats with the phrase "Trick or treat".
The "treat" is usually some form of candy, although in some cultures money is used instead. The "trick" refers to a threat, usually idle, to perform mischief on the homeowners or their property if no treat is given.

So let's get ready for those kids (or be one of them)... :1laugh: :1laugh: :1laugh:

The rules:
You have 3 options (chose one of them or it could be a combination of any):
  • Compose a treat mashup, using songs that speak or related to sweets/candies/money.
  • Compose a trick mashup, using songs that speak or related to threats/tricks (could be magic as well).
  • Compose a scary mashup that will scare those kids so they will run away.

Good luck!

Start mashing..... now!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE 5-STEP DESCRIPTION:

At the start of every month, the (newly entitled) Emperor of MashStix posts a thread containing details of the challenge, for Example: 'Mashups 90bpm or slower with the theme of love'. They should also include the '5-Step Description' and the 'FAQ'.
The post will then shortly be stickied to the top of the 'Submit Mashups' section for all to see and respond to with their entries. Entries must be in by the 20th.
A vote will be created within that thread for everyone to vote on who should win and become the new Emperor (the vote can be created by the current emperor so please don't wait for a mod to do it as we are a busy people)
On the 27th (or a day of the month at the current emperor's choice) the poll shall end and the new emperor will be chosen.

The winning track will then be featured on the Frontpage!

FAQ:

> How should I post my mashup?
Entries are to be posted in the thread using the players in the same way as you would on the main Mashstix board (i.e. via Dropbox, Hearthis, SoundCloud or your own webspace), including details of the tracks used.

> Can I use a mashup that I've made previously?
No, that would be cheating!

> What if there is a tie!?
All ties will be settled by the Emperor (sounds like a worthy title now, doesn't it?)

> I didn't win, what can I do with my mashup?
If you are particularly proud of your mashup but didn't win then feel free to post your mashup in the 'Submit Mashup' section as you ordinarily would.

> What do I do if I'm confused??
Private Message one of the moderators for assistance. Start with the Emperor.

> So the Emperor gets to choose the next challenge and settle a tiebreaker, anything else?
The Emperor will attain limitless glory for all of eternity (and bragging rights)

Re: Mashstix Mash-Off #79 - Trick or treat?

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Can I be the emperor? Do I have to make a mashup, or can I just be sworn in?

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:02 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Can I be the emperor? Do I have to make a mashup, or can I just be sworn in?

Mr. cat, did you drink from that milk again? :1laugh:
There is no shortcut for you, please do your thing and participate :1wink:

2 Star User

Spooky mashup doing its entrance:

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Mashup Name: Leave A Light For The Devil

So, here's a dread *made-up* legend for this special "season":

"Once there was a young couple of friends who lived their lives happily, so far...
Then an ugly and rough discussion torn their fates apart from each other, making them walking away from each other... all because one tried to teach the other that life isn't as smooth as it's supposed to believe (using harsh words to expalin it), and the taught one didn't took that too well.
Years later, the taught one realized that the words from who once was a friend of its own had actual meaning (and a strong one, if wondering), so it went to where the supposed "tutor" was... just to find out that it commited suicide, due to depression that grew on with the time passing by.
Consumed by the sorrow, the despair and the grudge upon its own foolishness, the friend of the passed person spent the rest of life trying ways to revive it... to say what it should had told forehand.
One day, this fella finds a very odd hooded character, ressurecting by modern necromancy a human being... and talking to it. Curious and seeing a glimpse of hope in the middle of much darkness on its own heart, the fella enquired in knees to the strange "necromancer" for some classes of ressurection. As expected, the odd person afirmed that, indeed, could teach, but only if it gave its soul in return for that request, if well succeeded.
Then it began the arcane ritual needed, at Halloween's eve: candies from the folks should be stolen, and replaced by rotten vegetables, while all of them should be eaten by the caster... untill the caster itself could be nearly close to having a stroke by sugar overload.
The ritual, somehow, was a success. The once diseased friend finally came out from the grave, and, confused, thought it was in another afterlife. After seeing the sillouette of its former friend in front of it, but nearly dying, it understood that something forbidden happened. Thus, the trapped soul infused its own existence with its friend's, in order to save both.
The result? They turned into a very eery existance; A being whose could take shape of both a man and/or a woman, but mixed with anything else, according to the place it appeared. The shady caracter tried to enslave them, but didn't had any success. In fact, it ended stripped in pieces, though it didn't died, since necromancers can turn into Liches near death, becoming undead beings, as it most likely happened in this case.
No one knows when or even where this happened, but one thing is sure: from times to times, by Halloween's eve, some people either see by an instant a metamorphous hybrid being, or a reaper with a chained scythe. And, if the odds are with you, you can even see a struggle between both, as if they are in an endless war to see who gets the ultimate fate ended... and if starring for more than 6 seconds at the same place, it may drain your soul away, so beware."

Note: this testament is to reinforce my spooky mashup for better experience * EVIL :1laugh: *

Tom Walker - Leave A Light On (DIY Vocals, isolated by myself)
Blue Stahli - The Devil (instrumental, some vocals)

No Flash Installed

DL It Here!
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:20 pm

ZooKreeper - Danger! It's Shia LaBeouf! (Migos ft. Marshmello vs Rob Cantor)

Migos ft. Marshmello - Danger (instrumental)
Rob Cantor - Shia LaBeouf (acapella)

Enjoy :1laugh:

**EDIT** Re-uploaded newer version

No Flash Installed

Download
Last edited by ZooKreeper on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

2 Star User

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:07 am

sources:
Kings of Leon - Your Sex is on Fire (acapella)
Hard Times Riddim (instrumental)

The best way :1laugh: to really, really scare children is to (unnecessarily) warn them about the danger of sex and of singular activities in that area in particular. Done right, using a chillout groove to mask your evil messsage, you can easily scare them for live, giving them 'hard times' galore. :1wink: So this mashup is for option 3.

No Flash Installed

download

1 star User

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:41 pm

ZooKreeper wrote:Image

ZooKreeper - Danger! It's Shia LaBeouf! (Migos ft. Marshmello vs Rob Cantor)

Migos ft. Marshmello - Danger (instrumental)
Rob Cantor - Shia LaBeouf (acapella)

Enjoy :1laugh:

No Flash Installed

Download

Haha can't believe you used Shia LaBeouf!
It's really cool but the vocals placement in the current version is a bit weird. I think you need to delay the vocals by 8 beats so the "Running for you life" part will start at 00:36 instead of 00:28. Try it, maybe it'll work :1wink:

1 star User

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 pm

TheTable wrote:Haha can't believe you used Shia LaBeouf!
It's really cool but the vocals placement in the current version is a bit weird. I think you need to delay the vocals by 8 beats so the "Running for you life" part will start at 00:36 instead of 00:28. Try it, maybe it'll work :1wink:

Good feedback, thanks! I admit I submitted this mostly for laughs, but I updated it anyway :1tongue:

Post Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Things got spooky in here, keep them coming... :1laugh: :1laugh: :1laugh:

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am

satis5d | Tomorrow's Gold Digger Today
(Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx vs Gorillaz vs Link vs Naughty By Nature)

I'm going with a TREAT mashup. :1tongue:

Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger
Gorillaz - Tomorrow Comes Today
Link - Watcha Gone Do
Naughty By Nature - Hip Hop Hooray

No Flash Installed

Download here
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>