Queen Vs. Pink Floyd Another Brick In The Dust

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Queen Vs. Pink Floyd Another Brick In The Dust

Post Sat May 11, 2019 2:45 am

Wanted to do this for quite some time, Just two great bands a genre clash isn't needed sometimes. Rest In Peace Freddie, Comment and critique once you get the chance! Similar to Ghostbustin In The Jungle the perfect version will be added to Sowndhaus, While other versions will be Dropbox only.

Sources Used
Queen Another One Bites The Dust Acapella
Pink Floyd Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2 Karaoke Instrumental and bits and pieces of the original song particularly the Chorus only.

V1

No Flash Installed

V1 Download
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/deo ... DustV1.mp3?
dl=0

V2

No Flash Installed

V2 Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yol090h7bkx9t ... 1.mp3?dl=0

V3 Download Fixed Timing of Freddie's Vocal moved his vocal 4 and a half beats forward.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdd3i98wn4utc ... 3.mp3?dl=0

V3

No Flash Installed

Last edited by TheRayMan on Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Queen Vs. Pink Floyd Another Brick In The Dust

Post Sun May 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Interesting :1smiley:

Taking something from Pink Floyd and include it in a mashup it's not an easy task. I have something in my queue, but still, I can't let my self expose it (yet :1tongue: ).

I like the idea of this one, but I think you can build the structure better. You should pay attention to verses and chorus first. Also, I think Freddie's came in too early in the beginning, and you might need to find a better intro (also not an easy task when the original track from PF combined with the previous track in the album). I also find Freddie's vocals a bit off key at times, maybe it is something related to the vocals layout, not sure :1undecided:
Lastly, around 1:54, you are getting OOT.

I'm very curious to know how this one will end eventually :1rolleyes:

1 star User

Post Mon May 13, 2019 12:55 am

SMASH wrote:Interesting :1smiley:

Taking something from Pink Floyd and include it in a mashup it's not an easy task. I have something in my queue, but still, I can't let my self expose it (yet :1tongue: ).

I like the idea of this one, but I think you can build the structure better. You should pay attention to verses and chorus first. Also, I think Freddie's came in too early in the beginning, and you might need to find a better intro (also not an easy task when the original track from PF combined with the previous track in the album). I also find Freddie's vocals a bit off key at times, maybe it is something related to the vocals layout, not sure :1undecided:
Lastly, around 1:54, you are getting OOT.

I'm very curious to know how this one will end eventually :1rolleyes:

I will wait around and see what the others thoughts are, Thanks for the critique, Hopefully this won't take 11 versions :P

1 star User

Post Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pm

V2 is on the OP and the changes in V2 will be listed below.

-Fixed the intro used the backwards piano note from the original ABTD Song courtesy of the multitrack.

-Rewarped Freddie's vocal to a new bpm then sped it up to 116.361 so it matches the mental.

-Varispeed the instrumental increased it by 6 percent and raised by one semitone.

-Lowered Freddie's vocal by one tone.

-Freddie vocal starts a little bit later than V1.

-Included original song's outro.

The phrasing on the original PF song is kind of weird so this might take another version or two to sort Freddie's vocal out. Comment or Critique once you find the spare time!

1 star User

Post Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Bumped

Post Sat May 18, 2019 4:27 am

For me the vocal placement is off by 4 beats (I think), place it 4 beats later and it should sit nicer (can tell as the vocals change sections before the instrumental)

Otherwise nice concept and I'm sure many will enjoy the oldschool vibes from this mash :1cool:

Post Sat May 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Such a great idea. I think you could also get away with just naming the mashup “Another”, but that’s neither here nor there. With some work this has all the potential to become a classic.

The varispeeding is a definite improvement, and I think you have the tempo of the vocals figured out, but honestly it’s hard to tell because, as Firth mentioned, the placement is odd. To my ears the vocals start about 4.5 beats late, but rather than jump right into the vocals you might think about looping the main riff through a few times before the vocals kick in.

There are so many things creatively I could suggest you could do with this one…play around with Freddie’s “Hey”s right around “Hey! Teacher!”…or bounce the word “another” around the lyric “another brick in the wall”…bring in the Queen bass line over the drum break at 0:52 (looping it wouldn't hurt either)…even make an extended drum break before the Pink Floyd solo, similar to the break in Another One Bites The Dust, where the “heyeyeyeyeyey”s lead into the solo. :1undecided: Lots of fun could be had… :1cheesy:

But let’s get the phrasing and structure figured out first. Take your time and make sure it makes sense the way you’re placing the vocals. And don’t be afraid to chop up the instrumental a bit to make things fit. This could end up either a masterpiece or a tragedy, and the difference is only a few minor details apart. Focus on getting things tightly timed and placed before you attempt too many creative things.

1 star User

Post Thu May 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Overall this took me 7-8 days of perfecting everything plus trying to make it more cohesive, Had to chop up the instrumental some looped the beginning for a little longer, Added a drum break section where the Rhythm Guitar and Bass Riff play along with Freddie's vocals, Moved his vocals 4.5 beats ahead thanks to Angus and Firth for the critique! Changed the Gilmour guitar solo toward the end sort of had to shorten it abit, One section I warped incorrectly so I pasted a similar section that was warped properly over it. If things still are not up to par then I got at least probably 1-2 more versions left in me, Thanks to Angus for basically giving me the advice of slowing down and focusing more on the intricate details of a overall mix or mashup. Comment or Critique once you get the chance!

Edit: Also the HEY's that Angus mentioned above I had Freddie do that twice during the mix, It made me chuckle.
Last edited by TheRayMan on Sat May 25, 2019 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri May 24, 2019 3:23 am

In version 3 the intro is much better, still, there are lots of synchronization issues here :1undecided:
Also, I'm not sure you nailed the structure right as it sounds odd at times, I'm afraid you need to invest in this one more time to turn it into a diamond :1wink:

1 star User

Post Fri May 24, 2019 11:18 pm

SMASH wrote:In version 3 the intro is much better, still, there are lots of synchronization issues here :1undecided:
Also, I'm not sure you nailed the structure right as it sounds odd at times, I'm afraid you need to invest in this one more time to turn it into a diamond :1wink:

Then that's what I will do then but before I do that I will take a break for a day or two, I will wait for the others to chime in.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>