[FP] Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day & The Time

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day & The Time

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:53 pm

I was struggling to find a idea, Originally It was going to be KISS and the Beach Boys but since the Beach Boys are tricky sons of bitches I scrapped it! I had a conversation with Angus he suggested Jungle Love, A pretty good idea so I went with it, I perosnally never got into KISS until recently, Comment and Critique once you get the chance!

Sources Used
KISS Calling Dr. Love Multitrack Guitar and Lead Vocals and BG Vocals
Morris Day & The Time Jungle Love Original Track looped and chopped up accordingly.

V1

No Flash Installed

V2

No Flash Installed

V3

No Flash Installed

V4

No Flash Installed

Final Version

No Flash Installed

Final Version Fixed Timing

No Flash Installed

V1 Download
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 876651.mp3

V2 Download
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 015525.mp3

V3 Download
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 015130.mp3

V4 Download
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 323511.mp3

Final Version Download
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 403332.mp3

Final Version Fixed (Edited Out the problematic vocals at the 1:52-2:05 mark.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntac1xmgpqvru ... d.mp3?dl=0
Last edited by TheRayMan on Wed May 01, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Re: Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day And The Tim

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:30 pm

All the source materials qualify this for the mashoff this month, you should consider it.

It could be a hot submission, the idea is great. However, you have to get that vocal phrasing fixed. The lyrics aren't landing in the right places right now. Just have Gene copy exactly what Morris does. It should have a staccato feel when you get it right.

1 star User

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:05 am

Warezio wrote:All the source materials qualify this for the mashoff this month, you should consider it.

It could be a hot submission, the idea is great. However, you have to get that vocal phrasing fixed. The lyrics aren't landing in the right places right now. Just have Gene copy exactly what Morris does. It should have a staccato feel when you get it right.

I think I know what you are talking about mind giving me a custom mixdown via Private Message once you get the chance? Thanks for the critique!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 am

The combo is boss, dude. And I’m not just saying that because I suggested trying Jungle Love. :1laugh:

Agreeing with Warezio about the timing. As far as I can tell you’ve got the tempos matched, but the phrasing starts quite a bit too early.

Where Gene starts with the line “You Need My Love…”, if you started the line, like, immediately after where the word “love” currently is, I think you’d be in sync. See if you can get started there, and see how the rest lines up after that.

I do have a feeling there is a note or two in the vocals that might need to be “spot-pitched” to fit the Dorian sound of the instrumental once you get things lined up, but we’ll cross that bridge when you get to it.

I do feel like you should lay off the vocals over the guitar solo (let Prince do his thing!) unless you do a couple of tasty “Doc-tor”s matching up rhythmically with the synth bass notes that start around 2:49 and repeat 2 more times. But then just leave some space in between each one, if that makes any sense. Just an idea. The Frehley solo sounds really good as is, even with the vocals competing.

And last thing, as usual, master it LOUDER! You always have so much headroom to spare!

1 star User

Re: Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day & The Time

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:23 pm

V2 has now been added to the OP, Includes some timing changes, More of Morris kind of in the chorus, Letting him and Gene trade off with the chorus, Less of Gene singing towards the Guitar Solo, Along with a repitched note that I missed in V1, Made the 1st chorus start right after the word misery, Thanks to Angus for the critique on Stix and Facebook, Critique and Comment once you get the chance!

3 Star User

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:30 am

god dammit MAKE THIS WORK! it's a superb pairing, but what everyone else said still stands.

I got the Kiss multi's, but idk what u are working from for the Morris Day & The Time Jungle Love. stick up a link to the instru track and I'd happily drop the vocal in place for you to hear!

I can hear the end result already and it's a beautiful thing ;)

2 Star User

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 am

I think Rayman chopped and made an instrumental himself from the intro and breaks, but here is a karaoke version (sounding different), to point at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTYa8fK8-OM

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:14 am

I like the idea, version 2 sounds better in terms of quality, but still, there are OOT moments, mainly in the first half :1undecided:

1 star User

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:10 pm

SMASH wrote:I like the idea, version 2 sounds better in terms of quality, but still, there are OOT moments, mainly in the first half :1undecided:

Alright I will work on fixing it, Just got to wait for Angus or another mod hah.

1 star User

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 pm

SgtMash wrote:god dammit MAKE THIS WORK! it's a superb pairing, but what everyone else said still stands.

I got the Kiss multi's, but idk what u are working from for the Morris Day & The Time Jungle Love. stick up a link to the instru track and I'd happily drop the vocal in place for you to hear!

I can hear the end result already and it's a beautiful thing ;)

Damn dude, That made me laugh I will send you the instrumental through PM all I did was chop up the part before Morris sings and I looped it.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>