(!) Come This Way Together (Michael Jackson vs. RUN-DMC)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

(!) Come This Way Together (Michael Jackson vs. RUN-DMC)

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:01 pm

SMASH - Come This Way Together (Michael Jackson vs. RUN-DMC ft. Aerosmith vs. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)

Instrumental & Vocals: RUN-DMC - Walk This Way ft. Aerosmith
Vocals: Michael Jackson - Come Together (Beatles Cover)
Vocals: Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – I Love Rock 'n Roll

I found this rare cover by MJ to that Beatles' song (from a live show), and thought why not using this in a mashup, hope you like the result :1wink:

V2

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: Come This Way Together (Michael Jackson vs. RUN-DMC)

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Cool combo SMASH!
My only feedback is that wish there was more progression at times. Specifically around 2:09 minutes would be a good place to drop back into the original with the lower key for a few bars.

Re: Come This Way Together (Michael Jackson vs. RUN-DMC)

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Cool combo SMASH!
My only feedback is that wish there was more progression at times. Specifically around 2:09 minutes would be a good place to drop back into the original with the lower key for a few bars.

DJ Dumpz wrote:Nice one. Really enjoyed listening! :1smiley:

Sorry for the late response, my friends, I'm currently in between jobs, trying to find my path in life, not an easy task these days.

Thanks for the comments and the recommend, happy you like it :1grin:

As for your suggestion, HCD, I know what you mean and I thought about it while I was working on it, actually, the part of Aerosmith on the first chorus is part of the mental, so I got it for free :1laugh:
Anyway, the video is already out and I'm happy with the result, thanks again :1smiley:

Re: (!) Come This Way Together (Michael Jackson vs. RUN-DMC)

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:40 pm

I almost really enjoyed this.

The only thing holding me back from putting this on the Front Page is the lack of a chord change at places like 1:10 and 1:42. It should go down (or up) to the 5th, but it keeps on playing the same chord, where the "Come Together" tune is clearly calling for the change.

I see that you don't have plans to change this, which is too bad, because I think that those chord changes would really help.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 pm

satis5d wrote:I almost really enjoyed this.

The only thing holding me back from putting this on the Front Page is the lack of a chord change at places like 1:10 and 1:42. It should go down (or up) to the 5th, but it keeps on playing the same chord, where the "Come Together" tune is clearly calling for the change.

I see that you don't have plans to change this, which is too bad, because I think that those chord changes would really help.

Thanks for the comment :1smiley:

Since you insist I will check your point :1wink:

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:16 am

SMASH wrote:
satis5d wrote:I almost really enjoyed this.

Thanks for the comment :1smiley:

Since you insist I will check your point :1wink:

Fixed, hope I nailed it now :1wink:

Version 2 is up

3 Star User

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:55 am

This is the kinda old skool mashup feel from back in the day - yea occasionally your ear says 'hmmm' as you notice where there's maybe a progression issue on 1st listen, but after the 1st listen I'm too busy tapping my foot and nodding my head to care :)

Edit: re-reading that I wondered if someone would think it a back handed comp/criticism - it wasn't - it was really intended as the opposite. Specially here we sometimes get so caught up in the 'perfect mix' chase that we miss the sheer fun of banging a couple of tunes together and going 'oh neat' for the sheer fun of it. xx

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:20 pm

SgtMash wrote:This is the kinda old skool mashup feel from back in the day - yea occasionally your ear says 'hmmm' as you notice where there's maybe a progression issue on 1st listen, but after the 1st listen I'm too busy tapping my foot and nodding my head to care :)

Edit: re-reading that I wondered if someone would think it a back handed comp/criticism - it wasn't - it was really intended as the opposite. Specially here we sometimes get so caught up in the 'perfect mix' chase that we miss the sheer fun of banging a couple of tunes together and going 'oh neat' for the sheer fun of it. xx

Thanks for the comment, Sgt, to summarize, I guess you liked that one :1wink:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>