Request mashups

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
1 star User

Request mashups

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi, I'm a huge fan of mashups and admire all the work you incredible DJ's put into them. I've tried over and over and just can't do it. I use MixMeister 7.7 and other than a few tutorials out there I can't figure out all the tricks needed to create good mashups. I can mix from one song to another with no problem, hell, I've put together 11 cd's of mashup mixes, I just can't mix back and forth and whatnot. :1embarassed:

So....

I'm requesting a couple of songs that I would love mixed together. Now, I don't know the protocol involved in making such a request, and if I'm breaking a forum rule, my apologies. I'll delete this message immediately.

these are the songs that I think would mix great if done by a professional:

Magic - Olivia Newton John vs. Stairway to Heaven - Far Corporation (I just like Far Corporations rendition better than Led Zeppelin; More dance than rock.)

Twist of Fate - Olivia Newton John vs. Thunder - Imagine Dragons

Mouth of the River - Imagine Dragons vs. Prince - Let's Go Crazy

Call on Me - Eric Prydz vs. Superstar - David May ft. The Verve

As for the following, I'm not sure what would go with them, still searching but would love something done. Preferably no rap:

Don't Cry - Asia vs. ???
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel vs. ???
I'm Alive (or) All Over The World - ELO vs. ???
Rasmussen - Higher Ground (speed up a tad but not chipmunk level) vs. ???

None of these would ever be sold. There just for my own personal and friends listening pleasure. I'd even be willing to compensate if that's allowed.

Thank you so much :1smiley:

Adam

Re: Request mashups

Post Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:22 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting your mashup desires here, and you even got the correct forum for making the request.

Mind you, we don't get a lot of requests this way, and nobody is obligated in any way to make your dreams come true, but a wise man once said, "You don't have because you don't ask."
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Since you asked, have you ever heard this gem from DJ Y Alias JY? (Who occasionally graces us with his presence here...)

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.audio/track/1036/so-good-to-solsbury-hill-peter-gabriel-chris-malinchak
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Can't believe I missed that one. Yes, great mix and thank you for pointing it out.

Gotta say Satis5d, you're one of my favorite mashup artists. I have many of your mixes spread throughout my cd's. Always excellent work.

Some of my favorites:
Respect Everything Magic in the West
Try a Little Everything
Closer to the Edge of Summer
Miss Atomic Bling
Try a Little Respect
Bittersweet Home Alabama
Geronimos Mandolin
All I Really Want Is Delta Dawn

Thank you for all you do. Your hard work is recognized and appreciated.

Adam

Post Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:23 am

DJAJ wrote: Gotta say Satis5d, you're one of my favorite mashup artists. I have many of your mixes spread throughout my cd's. Always excellent work.

Some of my favorites:
Respect Everything Magic in the West
Try a Little Everything
Closer to the Edge of Summer
Miss Atomic Bling
Try a Little Respect
Bittersweet Home Alabama
Geronimos Mandolin
All I Really Want Is Delta Dawn

Thank you for all you do. Your hard work is recognized and appreciated.

Adam

Awwww.... you're making me blush. :1laugh:

Thanks for your kind words, Adam. I'm guessing from this list that you're a big Erasure/PSB fan. Me too. :1wink:

Return to Stix chat