This is for the video mashers

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
All Star User

This is for the video mashers

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:25 pm

are you fed up with youtube, vimeo etc deleting your videos? I am which is why I stopped using them a long time ago. for the last couple of years i've just been using streamable which has been great, good quality and can play on facebook but a couple weeks ago discovered about 2 thirds of my vids had gone from the site. at first i thought maybe its some sort of glitch at their end but as they have yet to get back to me with any answer i thought i'd look elsewhere.

and i found it archive.org
i'm sure many have used it, i've been using it to download music vids lots of them mpeg2 or vobs. the idea behind the archive is that everything thats uploaded will stay there forever. what i like about it is people can download the video i uploaded as well as the one's they convert from it automatically (mp4 which they use for the player and an OGG file) not sure why they have an ogg file? who uses ogg videos :1laugh: there is a couple draw backs about the system they use and that is you can't delete the video you have to go thru a process in the forum and ask for it to be deleted which take some time, small detail really but there's no limit to how many videos or audio tracks you can upload. forgot to mention they do audio as well plus software, books and load of stuff that may or may not interest you.

I have just discoverd that you can post the player here unlike streamable where i couldn't, bear in mind tho that there's no hd option for the player its just a 700k mp4 they convert, although i did try uploading my own along with the master file and that played ok and that was 800k (not sure if there is a limit for the player?) there is a link on the top right of the player to take you to the page its on. if you scroll down you will find the download options and below that a link to what i've upped so far, not much as i'm still expermenting with what format is best to upload. anyway here's one i made last year for The Kleptones

phpBB [media]

now I can post videos here again you will probably be seeing more of me :1rolleyes: :1laugh:

All Star User

Re: This is for the video mashers

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:56 pm

it took a few uploads to figure out the best way to use the archive (over 130 so far and only halfway thru uploading and not one video flagged for copyright or banned or blocked worldwide etc etc) :1grin: oh and more views in a few days of some of the vids that i got in 2 years at streamable.

i upload the master mpeg2 file which is only there for people to download (lots of dj's in clubs around the world play mashup videos mine included) and at the same time i upload the mp4 file which is what gets used in the online player, as in whats posted below this. because the archive automatically make an mp4 from the mpeg2 file which is only at 700kbps and is a bit iffy on quality i've worked out after a bit of trial and error if i upload mine at 2500kbps with a 128k audio it will stream very smoothly (i did try one at 3000kbps and it didn't like it much) the video below is the same as the one in the previous post above but that one was converted at 700k and the one below is at 2500k although you might notice same left right arrows which lets you play both 2500 or 700 vids but it starts with the hiq one first.
phpBB [media]

Return to Stix chat