MIXCRAFT - related Tutorials and Q&A thread

Tutorials to help you get the best out of your mixing progies. Please feel free to ask any mixing/editing/production problem questions here.

MIXCRAFT - related Tutorials and Q&A thread

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 am

Hey guys, quick video here on how to make a mashup with Mixcraft 5.
Sorry about the mass movements of me scrolling in and out of the audio, really didn't mean to be so excessive with it :P
phpBB [media]

Not the best mashup ever but it was a beginners tutorial so I think it's satisfactory:

No Flash Installed

Re: Mixcraft 5 'How To Make a Mashup' with DJ Darkz

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:37 am

It's nce to see the new guys throwing out some tutorials, especially as you are using software that a lot of the other new guys can get to grips with... thanks for this.

Just as a quick tutorial for you :D around the 11 min mark you are trying to add a delay effect to the "down down" ...just by way of some advice, I personally would have repeated the first "Down" rather than using the second down with the chopped off end :D

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:36 pm

lloyd wrote:It's nce to see the new guys throwing out some tutorials, especially as you are using software that a lot of the other new guys can get to grips with... thanks for this.

Just as a quick tutorial for you :D around the 11 min mark you are trying to add a delay effect to the "down down" ...just by way of some advice, I personally would have repeated the first "Down" rather than using the second down with the chopped off end :D

Yeah I was in a rush as I looked at my watch and realised how long I'd spent on the tutorial ;P so I had to go through things quite quickly.
And don't call me new, makes me feel like a nub ;) haha

There's also a Virtual DJ tut I made but it's just giving tips for newbs and telling them about 20 times to use studio software such as Mixcraft instead :P

4 Star User

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Very good tutorial, DJ Darkz. Thanks for making and sharing it!

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:00 pm

DJDarkz wrote:And don't call me new, makes me feel like a nub ;) haha

:D I meant new to Mashstix :D

So many guys take and take, It's good to see a "new member" giving back :D

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm

lloyd wrote:
DJDarkz wrote:And don't call me new, makes me feel like a nub ;) haha

:D I meant new to Mashstix :D

So many guys take and take, It's good to see a "new member" giving back :D

Thanks for the comments guys, I know it's not the best tutorial ever but I couldn't find any decent mixcraft ones when I was new and this really would have helped me personally If I could have shown it to myself like 10 months ago :P Also I didn't prepare anything and just picked the instrumental & pella tracks to use about 5 seconds before recording it was done in a rush ;P haha

1 star User

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 am

:lol: thnx to all you guyz i'm glad i learned the key and how long it takes to do these early on. but now i got opts.

1 star User

Re: MIXCRAFT - related Tutorials and Q&A thread

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm happy to see this, I thought I was the only one to use mixcraft ha whenever I ask people what program they use, I never hear mixcraft :) great tutorial :1smiley:

Re: MIXCRAFT - related Tutorials and Q&A thread

Post Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:21 am

richc100 wrote:I'm happy to see this, I thought I was the only one to use mixcraft ha whenever I ask people what program they use, I never hear mixcraft :) great tutorial :1smiley:

It's a great DAW, I'm happy I moved to Ableton but there are certain things I do miss about Mixcraft. Glad my (now very old) tutorial was of use :1smiley:

Return to Mixing Tuts and Stix Support Center