Ableton Live acapella quality remastering help

Tutorials to help you get the best out of your mixing progies. Please feel free to ask any mixing/editing/production problem questions here.
User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Ableton Live acapella quality remastering help

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:36 pm

I have an acapella in Ableton that I have "warped" in order to change the tempo of it to match with an instrumental:

Image

What is the best way of making it sound cleaner and less robotic?

Any help would be appreciated..........

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Ableton Live acapella quality remastering help

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:17 pm

JamiePr wrote:I have an acapella in Ableton that I have "warped" in order to change the tempo of it to match with an instrumental:

Image

What is the best way of making it sound cleaner and less robotic?

Any help would be appreciated..........



See where it says 'texture', click on that and change it to 'complex pro' :1cool:

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Ableton Live acapella quality remastering help

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:57 pm

DJ Firth wrote:
See where it says 'texture', click on that and change it to 'complex pro' :1cool:


I don't have that option on my version :1huh:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Ableton Live acapella quality remastering help

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:25 pm

JamiePr wrote:
DJ Firth wrote:
See where it says 'texture', click on that and change it to 'complex pro' :1cool:


I don't have that option on my version :1huh:


What options you got? Complex should also work

Image

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Ableton Live acapella quality remastering help

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:43 am

I only have the first 4, so must have a different version to you then.....

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:36 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Ableton Live acapella quality remastering help

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:56 pm

In which case, I suggest adjusting bpm and/or pitch in Audacity, or another DAW and then transferring it over (though ableton is free so probably the best bet)

Or upgrade your version of Ableton! :1laugh:

Return to Mixing Tuts and Stix Support Center

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests