Register

Moderator Control Panel ]

does anyone know how to work audicity?

Tutorials to help you get the best out of your mixing progies. Please feel free to ask any mixing/editing/production problem questions here.

Moderators: DJ Firth, MashGyver, lizzart, g4gorilla, G3RSt, Happy Cat Disco, satis5d, DJAxcess, DJ CROSSABILITY, YITT, SMASH, lloyd, DRA'man, Colatron, Sherlock Poirot

1 star User

does anyone know how to work audicity?

Postby britula143 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:40 pm

I am trying to mash together three songs. and I am having trouble figuring it out. if you can help, pm me thanks

Re: does anyone know how to work audicity?

Postby DJ Firth » Thu May 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Hey man, welcome to mashstix!

Personally I would advise against using audacity for making mashups simply because it's designed to edit individual tracks/sounds not as a tool for making a remix or mashup. Therefore it's very tedious and time-consuming to create anything in terms of a mashup which would sound good.

Here's a quote from a music website (E-Home Recording Studio) which I find particularly relevant:

"Yes, it’s true…free DAW’s do exist.

And no matter how many people say they’re a waste of time…

It’s a lesson most people must learn for themselves.

Now at this point, you have two choices:

Waste 2 weeks playing with Audacity, only to decide you need something better.
Or skip that part, and get something better now. "

3 Star User

Postby Void » Fri May 22, 2015 2:30 pm

I totally agree with Firth.
I tried to do a mashup using Audacity and I can say from my own experence: It is not a good tool to create mashups.

So if you are a beginner and want to start doing mashups I recommend using a "real DAW". You can use REAPER which you can try for free. So you can try it first. And if you get hooked you should buy a professional DAW. The are so many available even for a small budget.

Even though you technically could use Audacity to creta a mashup and it a very good piece of software. It is not a good tool to do mashups

Void

1 star User

Postby britula143 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:10 pm

I just, I need something that would be 100% free and effective.. as I am really tight with money. any suggestions? sorry for being annoying

Postby DJ Firth » Sat May 23, 2015 7:39 am

britula143 wrote:I just, I need something that would be 100% free and effective.. as I am really tight with money. any suggestions? sorry for being annoying

The only free one I've heard of is this: http://zynewave.com/podium-free/

No idea how good it is though.

Return to Mixing Tuts and Stix Support Center