Alternative Camelot Wheel (keys)

Tutorials to help you get the best out of your mixing progies. Please feel free to ask any mixing/editing/production problem questions here.
1 star User

Alternative Camelot Wheel (keys)

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:11 pm

So, as many of you perhaps know when some softwares (vdj, traktor, rekordbox etc) analyzes the key of songs it shows them as C, C#, Cm, C#m etc. But most camelot wheels doesn't express them in the same way. For example Runaway by Galantis is in C# maj, 3B. On the most common camelot wheel 3B is D-flat major (on this one for example: http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/Images/c ... Mixing.jpg). If you're not 100% certain of which keys that are equal then you will probably save a lot of time by using this "software adapted" camelot wheel i made :1grin:

It is pretty much the same as the one i posted above, and for the sake of habit i made it in a similar color, but with keys labelled as they are in the softwares! I hope some of you find this useful when you don't have to compare different wheels with eachother :1smiley:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gustav Krantz on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Re: Alternative Camelot Wheel (keys)

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Also, i could only post the image as 500x500. If anyone needs it in a larger size just send me your email and i can send you a version that is 1000x1000 instead :1smiley:

3 Star User

Re: Alternative Camelot Wheel (keys)

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Thanks. That'll come in handy.
I'm using this as my desktop background for quick access.

Void

Return to Mixing Tuts and Stix Support Center