VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!!

The World Mashup Competition SUBMISSION forum..... (PLEASE POST HERE ONLY FOR THE MASHSTIX.COM YOUTUBE MASHUP COMPETITION)
2 Star User

Re: VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!!

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Glad you like the idea, guys! :D Been thinking of doing a mash along these lines for a few weeks now, but haven't found the time to explore further (and had the concern that, from a purely selfish position, it wouldn't 'improve' my own fanbase, airplay, commercial appeal, etc). But I know that stinks - sorry, just being honest! ;) However, I hope you guys do consider this proposal for the next comp. As Dylan says, it will prove to a lot of people that we are not all nasty, thieving goblins, who suck the life-blood from the talented chosen few and who snatch the food from the mouths of the saplings of the demi-gods of the masses (God! I've had too many beers tonight!). To be honest, hip-hop doesn't float my boat, but good for you if it wafts your chosen dinghy. I'd defo be on for an 'anonymous vs demi-god' mashup challenge!! ;)

1 star User

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:40 am

Hey Dylan,

Appreciate the voting extension - thanks!

I'm making it a mission to go around and vote/comment on every entry, but just realized there are two whole pages of 'em! :shock:

Have to do something else now, but as Arnie would say... you know the rest. ;)

Best,

~I

2 Star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:57 am

American Idol challenge?
i know i'm weird :)
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

All Star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:50 am

Ha, and how would that work exactly ? Really only Kelly Clarkson has acapellas and instrumentals available (there again I'm English so don't really know the American copy, sorry version ha).

I do like your thinking though, perhaps a theme tune challenge ? It would give scope for some production, I mean you could have some fun jazzing up some of those dodgy ones from the 70's.

2 Star User

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 pm

I had NO idea where to post this, as each topic had a theme and this is more a general question....I know it's already been asked but I can't find that post anywhere, are we allowed to "release" our tracks that were in the challenge? I put it up on Fairtilizer but made sure it wasn't downloadable cuz I don't know what the deal on that is yet.

All Star User

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi Dave

Yes, you can post them anywhere you want. It would be appreciated if you guys mentioned that it was part of the challenge.

Merci, Danke, & Cheers !

3 Star User

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:24 am

Flashard wrote:Just a suggestion (for the next mashup challenge), but how about taking the pella from a relatively unknown (ie. amateur singer) and mashing with a mainstream / professional mental. I discovered http://www.ccmixter.org the other day and it's full of budding amateur (I think!) singers with pellas free to use / mix / mash on a Creative Commons Licence - if fact, they actively encourage this. Has anyone come across this site before and do you think it's worth considering? Would give a budding amateur more airplay and might throw up some interesting mashs... :D

Just saw this Flashard and agree it's a great idea. I'd defo be up for this

All Star User

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 am

Maybe a few pellas. Just one would limit things a bit. But I do like the idea of having to use an unknown.

2 Star User

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 am

...wasn't suggesting we all use the same pella - think we should be able to chose what we want (but hadn't thought it that far through for the purposes of a comp!) - maybe give everyone an open choice (as long as it's an amateur / unknown pella, possibly taken from ccmixter.org) - they could provide the link to it to prove it is an amateur...? Another option would be for someone to rummage through ccmixter.org and pick between say 10-12 pellas that must be selected from - you could also state a minimum quantity that must be used, say 2-3 minimum...? Just a few thoughts, but should be fairly easy to fit some rules around...

3 Star User

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:50 am

Could ask the artist if they'd be interested in being involved in the judging! Maybe get a few artists from that site (who've got more than one pella up there) and have a list of x artists who's tunes we can use.

That would be cool, for the winner of the comp to have his/her track chosen by the artist used. Win all round.

PreviousNext

Return to Mashstix.com Mashup Challenge [YOUTUBE] - Presented By Dj Stroke