VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!!

The World Mashup Competition SUBMISSION forum..... (PLEASE POST HERE ONLY FOR THE MASHSTIX.COM YOUTUBE MASHUP COMPETITION)
All Star User

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!!

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:20 am

The Mashstix.com Mashup Challenge

Ok, so it has to end sometime right ? I have had a lot of emails and PM's asking me to extend things slightly to allow those who have just entered ot are about to time to get some votes.

So these are the revised dates (with NO exceptions).
Voting Ends & All Challenge Threads Locked: Friday March 12th.
Radio Stix Special: Thursday March 18th.

Due to us getting 30 something mashups (thanks to those who have given their time) the show will only be one hour long. This has been done to create competition amongst the tracks we have. This will mean that ONLY 15 tracks will be selected for the show.

No announcement will be made regarding the selected tracks - you have to download the show or listen live if you want to know if you made it.

The prizes for the top five tracks will be announced on Thursday March 18th. Again - we won't announce the winners, just what the prizes are.

If you are an established name and want to donate your prize (you may already have the prize), that would be great. But we would like you personally to choose a mashup from any in the challenge.

Overall this has been a pleasure to watch over the last month or so. We will be doing future challenges with different themes. I was hoping that you guys would give us idea's for themes below, we'll then have a poll vote on what theme we should do next.

We also have a HUGE hip hop based competition coming up soon, but more about that in time.

Thanks to all who entered (or who will enter), without you Mashstix would get stale. So thanks for your time. A huge thanks to DJ King, DJ Not I, Flashard, g4g & LeeDM101 for entering, and not thinking this was below them (like some others did).

1 star User

Re: VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!!

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:42 am

We will be doing future challenges with different themes.

Awesome! Maybe a dance mashups challenge?
Or a specific artist challenge (like Lil' Wayne challenge :P )
Or Movie Soundtracks challenge (that would be a hard one)

I don't know. There are so many options.

1 star User

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:09 pm

A disco challenge. lol

All Star User

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 pm

I too vote for a dance mashup challenge :) maybe with a minimum bpm?

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:02 am

Just a suggestion (for the next mashup challenge), but how about taking the pella from a relatively unknown (ie. amateur singer) and mashing with a mainstream / professional mental. I discovered http://www.ccmixter.org the other day and it's full of budding amateur (I think!) singers with pellas free to use / mix / mash on a Creative Commons Licence - if fact, they actively encourage this. Has anyone come across this site before and do you think it's worth considering? Would give a budding amateur more airplay and might throw up some interesting mashs... :D

All Star User

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 am

Actually thats a great idea.

I'm all for showing mashup producers in a good light. I'm a bit bored by the thief tag we seem to carry.

Let me check into this. Nice find !

1 star User

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Great idea flashard, what about the mashup communities resident singer songwriter, the genius Luke Dsico?

very interested in a hiphop challenge too.

1 star User

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:52 pm

I also like the idea!

It would be challenging and very different from what I'm used to do. I wanna do it :lol:

All Star User

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Hip Hop is another thing we are defo. doing - But there will be more to the hip hop idea after this challenge has ended.

All Star User

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:58 pm

I like that idea Flashard! I have a couple of friends who just released their first CDs and I've been thinking of asking them for their vocal tracks and trying to mash them up with a popular instrumental track.

Next

Return to Mashstix.com Mashup Challenge [YOUTUBE] - Presented By Dj Stroke