DJ not-I: A Pop Rhapsody

The World Mashup Competition SUBMISSION forum..... (PLEASE POST HERE ONLY FOR THE MASHSTIX.COM YOUTUBE MASHUP COMPETITION)

Would you like to hear this on the radio?

Yes
53%
No
32%
Maybe
16%

Total votes : 19
1 star User

Re: DJ not-I: A Pop Rhapsody

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 pm

:shock: :mrgreen: :D :lol: :ugeek: :roll:

tripy, cool and the best mashed thing ever Chicorama is rightorama with his comments he is obviously deep how did you get to be in video? thats trickorama

I only recognized few of the songs does that mean I live under a rock?

2 Star User

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:47 am

Gaga's verse of "Just Dance" comes in too late and maybe you could have done something different with the transition from "Just Dance" to "Hot'n'Cold". Also, you can hear artefacts because of the high pitching of the instrumental starting at the point when "Paparazzi" comes in; the acapella itself is too fast in the beginning, but it fits alright at its end, so maybe there's something wrong with the tempo of that track. But that's about it one could find as points of criticism ... since everything else has already been said, I just say THUMBS UP ;)

1 star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:20 am

S.I.R.

Thank you, you've nailed all the little faults as no one has (except on GYBO)!

Leaving the said transition (which I actually quite like) aside, you are correct in all your points. Some of these mistakes (GaGa's verse) were because I wasn't familiar with the original track (really! I don't usually listen to this stuff!), nor cared much, though I feared it wasn't on the right beat (it still works key-wise), and some of them (Paparazzi being slightly out of sync at the beginning) were due to being rushed to meet a deadline.

I was also well aware of the digital artifacts on the instrumental at the end (which is why I attempted to cover them up with the additional beats and the vocal effects. I'm also grateful that you pointed them out, rather than just yea- or nay-saying. The previous faults are easily fixed, but if and when I do an audio redux of this mash, I'd appreciate if someone with better tech than I have re-pitch that 'mental with fewer such artifacts.

Again, thanks man, you've got one hell of an ear on you, and thanks for voting "yes" regardless.

Best Regards,

~I

1 star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 am

BTW: It would have been nice if the nay- and maybe-sayers had told me why they voted against my entry, like I did on every single one I listened to. But cheers to the commentators here who had the fortitude and simple courtesy to comment and critique, regardless of how they voted - respect to you all - that's what Mashstix is all about IMO.

In other news, "A Pop Rhapsody" has been holding #1 at mashup-charts.com for over a week now and has gotten me quicker Youtube exposure than I've ever had.

Let me make it clear that I don't really like or listen to this kind of music and, perhaps precisely because of that, found this to be a real challenge in the true sense of the word. I've always said that the popularity of (well-made) mash-ups reflects the commercial popularity of their sources. And I believe I've proved my point.

Anyway, I've had fun, both making this monster and listening, commenting and voting on all the rest of yours. Some have already tagged this thing as a "change of style." Maybe, maybe not, but all styles are open to this dog in the Year of the Tiger!

Thanks Paul, Dylan, DJ Stroke, and anyone else who's made this challenge possible! (and you know that's from the heart)

Love,

~I

1 star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 am

And finally, for the sake of good humo(u)r:

F*ck all you bitches! My key shaved your eyebrows off!

:D

All Star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:59 am

Thanks for going through all the entries T.

Just a few hours of this challenge left, but I think you should win the prize for the most helpful chap ! ha

I'm glad your getting hits from Mashup Charts and YouTube - you deserve it bud. ;)

3 Star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:07 am

Oh yes it is you who is No. 1 on mashup charts. just to tease you, I've dethroned :twisted: for an hour with my j-lo vs Madonna before falling in ... 1224th position :D :mrgreen: :D

All Star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:41 am

Funny story: The last time I was number one over there, I had a blog and thought that will look cool on my blog - by the time I opened Photoshop ready to screen capture the image - I was no longer number one ! hahaha

To get number one on Mashup charts is easy - to stay there is hard. So huge kudos T'ster !

2 Star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:20 am

I pick no (don't bite my head off!)

Because the pitch transition kinda annoyed me,it needs something to get it ready (best explaination i could think of!),lady gaga paparazzi is off tempo (or off sync),and the pitbull song is off key
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

1 star User

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 am

Ryson wrote:I pick no (don't bite my head off!)

Because the pitch transition kinda annoyed me,it needs something to get it ready (best explaination i could think of!),lady gaga paparazzi is off tempo (or off sync),and the pitbull song is off key

No worries, mate. Thanks for the feedback, even if it has all been said before and I've freely admitted it. My only objection is that Pitbull is, if anything, a bit out of tune rather than out of key, which is prob. more his fault than mine. ;)

Anyway, it's all good. Good luck for the challenge!

~I

PreviousNext

Return to Mashstix.com Mashup Challenge [YOUTUBE] - Presented By Dj Stroke