Challenge mashups already getting air play in San Diego?

The World Mashup Competition SUBMISSION forum..... (PLEASE POST HERE ONLY FOR THE MASHSTIX.COM YOUTUBE MASHUP COMPETITION)
All Star User

Challenge mashups already getting air play in San Diego?

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 pm

OK, so I'm on vacation with my family in San Diego at the beach playing the mashup challenge on my boombox for all the beach people (who all enjoyed it very much and kept asking me where they get these songs - of course I told them go to mashstix.com and then 5 hours later I'm driving home tune into a new local radio station 96.1 and hear Tik Tok Seattle by mmMASHPOWER AKA STARLABS [KE$HA's Tik Tok vs. Owl City -Hello Seattle Remix] and I'm like wow that's cool.

So I try to go to the radio station's website http://www.q96ksiq.com/to contact them and confirm they played that actual mashup and not some other mashup that sounded similar but they have no website up yet - which I find weird! Nuts! Oh well, still I'm 99% sure that was the mashup unless someone else made the same one out there ;o) One thing is I wish they had at least given mmMASHPOWER AKA STARLABS credit on the air!

All Star User

Re: Challenge mashups already getting air play in San Diego?

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 am

Great news. You should PM mmMashpower to let him know.

Thanks for promoting him and the challenge !

3 Star User

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:35 am

Nice one RB.
Now, if you'd like to have a GaraGara day at the beach tomorrow and only play tunes off my website, that'd be great thanks.

2 Star User

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:07 am

I thought we were supposed to wait until the 25th of March??

I'm gonna post my entry now too ;)

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:20 pm

RockstarBruski you are totally rad for playing these on the beach while on vacation with your family and consecutively getting my tune aired on the radio haha! I can't imagine it could have been another mashup so you're the best!

All Star User

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

We had fun playing the show at the beach. It was cool playing mashups no one had heard before.

I need to clarify that I didn't play or request the song on the radio I only heard it on 96.1 FM in San Diego. I did email the GM at the radio station and here's his reply below:
So, I'm not sure it was the same mashup now unless your mashup is available somehow on the below site?
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 8:30 AM
To: 'Bruce Moody'
Subject: RE: where did they get the tik tok seattle mashup song that was played on 96.1 on 03/21/2010 at around 5:30PM

The ‘Tik Tok’ we’re playing is just the pop mix/single we downloaded off of NewMusicServer.com….our source for 96% of our tunes…..

Return to Mashstix.com Mashup Challenge [YOUTUBE] - Presented By Dj Stroke